SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Mods and Performance
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2002, 09:02 PM   #1
RSXracer
RSXracer is on a distinguished road

Default Everyone please respond

first off i'm new on this forum but im not a trole just because i drive a honda. well my question is what engines have been swapped into a saturn, such as a predule, integra gsr, or any other engines that you can think of. his car is a daily driver and he has done some mods to it but he is far from satisfied with its performance. he is a serious car enthusiast and wants to be challenged by making his car fast. his goal is to get into the twelves and if possable the elevens with out nitrous. at first he was planning on doing this by building up the saturn power plant but he now thinks its impossable. he was going to spend the money on a turbo for the saturn motor and build up that motors internals to hanlde high boost (20+ lbs.) but he now thinks there isn't enough aftermarket support on this engine to get what he wants from it.....if any 1 has proof that it can b done with the saturn power plant he may reconsider. so once again do any of you know of any more potent power plants that can definently be dropped into his 99 sc2 and anyplaces that have done these swaps.

thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RSXracer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RSXracer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2002, 09:24 PM   #2
Mustang46L
Mustang46L is on a distinguished road

i defininately think that there is the potential to get his car into the 12's... but mind you this is going to take the same amount of money it would probably take to get your car into the 10's. he can go to www.spswebpage.com for some bolt on stuff and for the brakes and handling mods, then head over to http://<a href="http://www.xtremerac...cepts.com/</a> and http://www.saturnsandiego.com/Flashs...rts/index.html for some nice engine parts like stuff to support a turbo and some forged pistons, ect, and then head to http://www.customcoachofamerica.com/...html#deluxekit for a decent saturn kit including everything he will need except for the S-AFC.

hope this helps a bit.. but i am still a beginner so this is all i can do..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mustang46L's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mustang46L reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-13-2002, 12:50 AM   #3
SCDYNE
SCDYNE is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY
1997 SC2
Default If you are going to swap....

If he wants to do a serious engine swap job and start with a god foundation, go with the new ECOTEC motor. GM Racing has already come light years with an 11 and 8 second car so we know it's possible. The 11 second car is a lower pressure Turbo version of the same motor in the 8 second car.

You can pick up an engine and matching trans from a junkyard for under $1000 and it would be just like putting a LS motor in a CRX.

-Adam Chant
2007 Saturn SKY - Supercharged
1997 Saturn SC2 - Stock Rebuild

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SCDYNE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SCDYNE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-13-2002, 10:17 PM   #4
Swizelman45
Advanced Member
Swizelman45 is on a distinguished road

What puzzels me is, why do people want to make low powered cars speed machines??? Why not just BUY A FASTER CAR??!?!?!

I can understand that you might want to work on your car, but come one, a 124 hp engine? I don't see the point.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Swizelman45's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Swizelman45 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-13-2002, 11:26 PM   #5
Mustang46L

people make the eclipse rs into a fast car.. it is 116hp engine.. what's your point?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Mustang46L reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-14-2002, 03:38 AM   #6
Mac Gyver
Mac Gyver is on a distinguished road

Why does any one do any thing to there car??? SOme people like buying a car thats fast b/c they dont like grease. Some can aford the inssurance so they buy it and make it faster. Others strive to prove whats said to be impossible, possible.

Why mae a 69 nova run 8's its not streetable whats the point???

Doesnt matter why its all about the love of the car and how you did it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mac Gyver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mac Gyver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-14-2002, 10:41 AM   #7
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

Happy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-14-2002, 10:54 AM   #8
Spanky
Spanky is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up

That is about the funniest thing I have ever seen. I had to laugh out loud despite the looks I am getting at work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spanky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spanky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-14-2002, 12:41 PM   #9
Mustang46L

yea, the only reason i want my saturn to go fast is the whole point that nobody else does that.. at least in this area. some say it is original, some say it is stupid.. but it is what i want to do... so it is what i'm doing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!