SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2000, 08:12 AM   #1
dan 2000 L200
dan 2000 L200 is on a distinguished road

Default "a new kind of car company"

I have now owned a total of five saturns. I currently have a ls1, a sl1, and a sc1. and my son also owns a ls1--- so we kind of are a saturn family
sooooooooooooooooo What do I think about our new kind of car company?
I still am deciding! I own three 2000 model saturns. You would think that my dealer would call and ask how its going? Any problems?

My Ls1 is a good car. The four cyl. offers plenty of power and still gives me 32 mpg on road trips. Just went to arizona (from Oklahoma) and cruised with the cruise control on at an average of 75 miles per hour. My car had no problems and no slow downs even when climbing into Flagstaff.

I have read the other posts about the ls1 and this is what i think----
1. why in gods green earth did saturn not put sound deadning material underneath the trunk lid! I finally went out and bought my own and WOW it is really quiet!!!!
2. I am 6 foot six and can sit very comfortably in the manual seat because of the rear mechanism that lowers the rear of the seat. BUT why did they not put an extension on the visor! The sun shines in my eyes from the side since the visor is so danged short...so
you guessed it i bought an extender and put it on.
3. why do they put bad tires on the ls ---- my son rear ended another car in his car which happens also to be a ls1. I am convinced that the bad firestone tires caused him to skid on wet roads and hit the other car... he was only going 5-10 miles per hour! My tires cause the front end to shimmy and its getting worse. just had the tires rotated at 6000 miles. I think i am going to take my old ones off and give away and go buy some real tires.
4. why did they stop putting disk brakes on the rear! whatever happened to the much touted safety of the saturn?
basically i love my saturns but i think that the company is and has changed. is it a new kind of car company or just another division of mega giant GM?

I think when we replace my wifes and daughter cars in two years I will not just automatically go to saturn. It may be time to see if I can find---
"A new kind of car company"
sign me
I love my saturns BUT!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dan 2000 L200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dan 2000 L200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2000, 11:35 AM   #2
drolly
drolly is on a distinguished road

Danarchibald, Where did you purchase the sound deadening material for the trunk lid, and how did you install it?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to drolly's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help drolly reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-22-2000, 01:44 PM   #3
dan 2000 L200

I bought it at a auto parts store called pep boys. They have it in stereo section. I will have to look at the box and get the name. I just bought some more since i am having two 6x9 free air w-amp bass speakers installed and it is in the car. They have two types one is around 19 and the other is 25... get the cheaper one which is silver. I tried the black one and it just did not stick as well. you will notice an immediate reduction in sound and rattles. saturn does not even make one for the trunk even though it appears to have the holes for the snap brackets. Made me wonder if the trunk lid is not really just a GM lid since why would saturn pay extra for the special holes if they were not used.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help dan 2000 L200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-22-2000, 01:46 PM   #4
dan 2000 L200

just realized i did not say how it is installed. it has a paper film on the back and you just peel it off and stick it up. its really easy to do and if you precut some it will lay down and fit like a glove!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread