SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 07:29 PM   #1
04SilverVue
Advanced Member
04SilverVue is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default Floor Jack for the Vue?

Well as I have said before, my last car was a lowered 2001 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ. It was so low that I had to drive up on 2X6's just to get the stock jack under her then use it to lift it alittle then switch to a regular floor jack. Well now my floor jack doesn't look like it will even go high enough to lift the Vue. Anyone have one they use that is a decent price. Maybe something from Sears? I love Craftman Tools.

04SilverVue
DFW, Texas

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04SilverVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04SilverVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2004, 12:38 PM   #2
04SilverVue
Advanced Member

2004 VUE 3.5L

So everyone just uses the stock jack?

04SilverVue
DFW, Texas

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 04SilverVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-09-2004, 12:43 PM   #3
bk63
bk63 is on a distinguished road

I have a couple of 3 ton full size floor jacks, not those miniature floor jacks, don't like those. My jacks are 100 pounds themselves but I feel better using something like that. I put a block of wood on them so I don't mar up the under carriage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bk63's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bk63 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-09-2004, 01:04 PM   #4
Fitter Roger
Fitter Roger is on a distinguished road

Sear has got a 3 ton SUV jack on sale right now for $59.99. It is suppposed to get the lift pad up to the SUV frame in two pumps of the handle. I my self have a 3 and 5 ton jack.

Roger D

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Fitter Roger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Fitter Roger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-09-2004, 01:14 PM   #5
D C
D C is on a distinguished road

I recently bought a 2 1/2 ton high-lift floor jack for around $60. Pro-lift I think is the brand. It's not a one-pump type jack, which I used to have. Liked and disliked it. Go to re-position the handle and the thing is lifting sky-high. The one I have now has a permanentlymounted handle that you twist to release the pressure, rather than a removable handle that you have to use to unscrew the little bleed screw thing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to D C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help D C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:09 PM   #6
Gerry Proctor
Master Member
Gerry Proctor has a spectacular aura aboutGerry Proctor has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line

I'll mirror what others have offered...no small portable hydraulic jacks will work. Also consider spending a bit less than $30.00 for a set of Rhino Ramps. They're worth every penny.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gerry Proctor's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gerry Proctor reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:48 PM   #7
sspeer
sspeer is on a distinguished road

I used an el cheapo 20 dollar floor jack to put a spare on. I don't think it would have gone much higher though

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sspeer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sspeer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-09-2004, 05:00 PM   #8
04SilverVue
Advanced Member

2004 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally posted by sspeer
I used an el cheapo 20 dollar floor jack to put a spare on. I don't think it would have gone much higher though
Thats what I have. Wal-Mart Floor jack and stands for like $29.95.

04SilverVue
DFW, Texas

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-09-2004, 06:36 PM   #9
bigbird
bigbird is on a distinguished road

I use a Lincoln floor jack. Pricier than those no name jacks sold everywhere, but the seals won't blow out just as I'm lowering or raising the vehicle. Ask the techs what they use.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bigbird's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bigbird reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-09-2004, 06:43 PM   #10
04SilverVue
Advanced Member

2004 VUE 3.5L

I will probably look at Sear tomorrow for a Craftman Jack. Maybe the wifey will get it for Pappa's Day...

04SilverVue
DFW, Texas

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread