SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2014, 12:49 AM   #1
ChrisKC
ChrisKC is on a distinguished road

Default Door skin compatibility

I have bashed up driver door on my 06, wondering what year door skins will work since the whole thing is trashed and keeps catching when you open the door.... Also happens to be black so wondering if anyone has had to paint a Saturn door panel and how best to do so. Hoping I get lucky and find black..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChrisKC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChrisKC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ChrisKC is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
PortugalFocus
Advanced Member
PortugalFocus is just really nicePortugalFocus is just really nicePortugalFocus is just really nicePortugalFocus is just really nice

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Door skin compatibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKC View Post
I have bashed up driver door on my 06, wondering what year door skins will work since the whole thing is trashed and keeps catching when you open the door.... Also happens to be black so wondering if anyone has had to paint a Saturn door panel and how best to do so. Hoping I get lucky and find black..
Pictures would significantly help. "Bashed up" and then requesting just a door skin don't seem to mesh. Where are you located?

Punctuation and proof reading may also positively assist in your query.

Michelin LTX M/S2's // MOMO // Razzi Spoiler // Westin // Hella // K&N // Clear Corners

V6 Air Bag and Steering Wheel Swap
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155754

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PortugalFocus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PortugalFocus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PortugalFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #3
ChrisKC

By bashed up it mean damaged, instead of denting, the body panels tend to crack. The entire front edge of the door skin is cracked leavin it sticking out so it catches the front fender when you open the door. My plan is to undo the torx screws and take the cracked skin off and replace it from one I've pulled at the junk yard. The door itself is fine I just need the skin, or body panel for the outside of it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help ChrisKC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-25-2014, 05:18 PM   #4
PortugalFocus
Advanced Member
PortugalFocus is just really nicePortugalFocus is just really nicePortugalFocus is just really nicePortugalFocus is just really nice

2005 VUE 2.2L

You can simply swap the door skin from 2002-2007. However, you do need to remove the front door panel first and detach the outside door handle first, from the inside. Once that is done, double check there is nothing else keeping it attached to the door frame and go from there. Luckily, silver, white, black and red were two of the colors that didn't change paint code and were identical throughout the VUE run. I see you have black.

Good luck, hope that helps.

Michelin LTX M/S2's // MOMO // Razzi Spoiler // Westin // Hella // K&N // Clear Corners

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help PortugalFocus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-25-2014, 11:23 PM   #5
ChrisKC

Yup exactly what I needed, thanks. Door skin, driver headlight, and air box all on my list for tomorrow

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-26-2014, 11:33 PM   #6
ChrisKC

Actually found a door skin! But in silver... So getting it painted will cost a fortune... But come to find out the door can be removed with everything else intact. A small pin on the bottom side of the handle can be pulled and the handle then breaks free with a tap and comes off, then lift up ( mirror does have to be removed) and it's off... Now to figure out paint. Can't beat $17 for a door skin but $200 to paint it seems a bit steep...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-27-2014, 08:09 AM   #7
PortugalFocus
Advanced Member

2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKC View Post
Actually found a door skin! But in silver... So getting it painted will cost a fortune... But come to find out the door can be removed with everything else intact. A small pin on the bottom side of the handle can be pulled and the handle then breaks free with a tap and comes off, then lift up ( mirror does have to be removed) and it's off... Now to figure out paint. Can't beat $17 for a door skin but $200 to paint it seems a bit steep...
That is steep for paint, about $100 is closer to actual cost. Can you drop the door skin off to them? Call around, there are loads of shops looking for work. Surely there is a cheaper option.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!