SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
JakeJD
JakeJD is on a distinguished road

Default Crazy Throttle Body Noise?

Hi everyone! Its my first time

I have a question. I have a high pitch noise coming from the Throttle body when I have the key in the on position with out the car running... cant start it. Also some random clicking in there.

The code I am getting right now is P0123. The book says Throttle Position?

Also P0222, cant find the code for that.

Anyway, anyone know if this could be causing my car not to start? Lease it happened in my garage.... LOL!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JakeJD's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JakeJD reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JakeJD is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Crazy Throttle Body Noise?

Year might help as well as mileage and any other maintenance done recently.

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:20 AM   #3
JakeJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Year might help as well as mileage and any other maintenance done recently.
sorry... 2000 lw 80,000+ miles, v6 The more I read, the more I think I need to replace the throttle body.

Last edited by JakeJD; 11-26-2011 at 02:34 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help JakeJD reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-26-2011, 04:19 AM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

P0123 Throttle position sensor 1 circuit high voltage

P0222 Throttle position sensor 2 circuit low voltage

Yes, this may be a throttle actuator issue. There may be a loose connection worth checking - exercise the connection by disconnecting and reconnecting several times and try the ignition again. The electronic drive-by-wire system are the throttle actuator control (TAC), accelerator position pedal (APP) sensor, and the ecm. Normally these tacs are reliable and built for longevity as you may the the first to post these two error codes for a tac fault. Hopefully its just a loose connection.

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-26-2011, 06:43 AM   #5
JakeJD

Quote:
P0123 Throttle position sensor 1 circuit high voltage

P0222 Throttle position sensor 2 circuit low voltage

Yes, this may be a throttle actuator issue. There may be a loose connection worth checking - exercise the connection by disconnecting and reconnecting several times and try the ignition again. The electronic drive-by-wire system are the throttle actuator control (TAC), accelerator position pedal (APP) sensor, and the ecm. Normally these tacs are reliable and built for longevity as you may the the first to post these two error codes for a tac fault. Hopefully its just a loose connection.
Thanks for your time!

I have unplugged and plugged a few times and still the car wont start. Is there a fuse that I should be checking?

Does having a bad throttle body cause the car not to start?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #6
JakeJD

Well I installed another throttle body and I no longer get those errors. Car still wont start and the new error I get is P1510. LOL, I'm lost!! I dont even know if it was the throttle body after all. Sucks!

Any ideas??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Well, its presumed you checked all fuses everywhere before, during, and maybe after troubleshooting. Its difficult to damage a tac. Either it works or its broke and no one has posted of a completely broken tac so you may be treading a new pathway..............If the throttle doesn't open when holding the electronic pedal down (have someone do this so you can see the throttle plate move) this may stop the engine from starting. (ignition must be ON to exercise the throttle body) Are there any indicators on the instrument panel?

Is the tac clean or filthy from years of use with no cleaning done? If its dirty then clean it the best way you can.

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
JakeJD

Quote:
Well, its presumed you checked all fuses everywhere before, during, and maybe after troubleshooting. Its difficult to damage a tac. Either it works or its broke and no one has posted of a completely broken tac so you may be treading a new pathway..............If the throttle doesn't open when holding the electronic pedal down (have someone do this so you can see the throttle plate move) this may stop the engine from starting. (ignition must be ON to exercise the throttle body) Are there any indicators on the instrument panel?

Is the tac clean or filthy from years of use with no cleaning done? If its dirty then clean it the best way you can.

Checked all the fuses like 3 times and yes I cleaned it wasn't that dirty. headed out to see if it moves.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!