SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
Michel1961
Michel1961 is on a distinguished road

Default Au revoir et bonne chance from Gatineau

Well folks, my lease is up. I had convinced myself to buy-out my 07 Aura XE around Xmas but GM managed to change my mind. My cruise failed in January and took 3 visits to fix. My radio went on the fritz in March and took a month to replace (under warranty, thank God for extended warranties). Once installed, the smart boys at my Chevy dealer discovered it was the amp ! Guess what ? Three weeks for an amp ! Full disclosure from the service guy at the dealership ? Multi-week delays should be expected when you drive an "old" Saturn !

Guess what, GM is getting that "old" Saturn back. Being nice, I gave the Equinox a look but the price made no sense and the Chevy guys couldn't sell food to a starving man. Just pathetic. I now drive a fully loaded Hyundai Santa Fe Limited. Pretty good deal as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't handle as well as the Aura but offers other niceties.

I loved my Aura and I hope all of you folks enjoy yours for a long time. For me, it's au revoir and bonne chance (goodbye and good luck). Hope I meet some of you on the Hyundai forums. You've been a great help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Michel1961's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Michel1961 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Michel1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE
Default Re: Au revoir et bonne chance from Gatineau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel1961 View Post
Well folks, my lease is up. I had convinced myself to buy-out my 07 Aura XE around Xmas but GM managed to change my mind. My cruise failed in January and took 3 visits to fix. My radio went on the fritz in March and took a month to replace (under warranty, thank God for extended warranties). Once installed, the smart boys at my Chevy dealer discovered it was the amp ! Guess what ? Three weeks for an amp ! Full disclosure from the service guy at the dealership ? Multi-week delays should be expected when you drive an "old" Saturn !
My dealer's body shop manager said Saturn parts are being warehoused in only two locations & it's taking a couple of weeks to get them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greenman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: Au revoir et bonne chance from Gatineau

Michel,

Sorry to hear you were having problems with your AURA and sorry to see another member leave. Such is the cycle of life, I suppose.

As you know, you'll always be welcomed here.

Good luck with you new car.

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gpartrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote