SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
PCweber
PCweber is on a distinguished road

Default Any way found to have heated seats come on with remote start?

I have tried leaving the heated seat on when I shut the car off hoping it would revert back to the on position when remote start is used. no dice. Anyone found a trick?

2008 Aura XR

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PCweber's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PCweber reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PCweber is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
golftango
golftango will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Any way found to have heated seats come on with remote start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCweber View Post
I have tried leaving the heated seat on when I shut the car off hoping it would revert back to the on position when remote start is used. no dice. Anyone found a trick?
If I recall correctly, the climate control equipped ones do under a certain temp?

2017 Sport SE 6MT in San Marino Red
2012 Pilot EX-L w/ NAV (family truckster)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/golftango
https://500px.com/golftango
https://www.instagram.com/golftango

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to golftango's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help golftango reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
golftango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCweber View Post
This guy built himself a control circuit for his G8. Looks a bit complicated if you're not an EE.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38925

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greenman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:25 AM   #4
99SL2_Modder
99SL2_Modder is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by golftango View Post
If I recall correctly, the climate control equipped ones do under a certain temp?
Negative. They don't even work with remote start. Only when the key is in.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 99SL2_Modder's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 99SL2_Modder reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
99SL2_Modder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I would read the owner's manual to see if there's a provision to set the seat heater(s) ON when using the factory remote start. In extreme cold the plug-in overnight engine block heater helps with morning start-ups so having a nicely pre-warmed seat is a luxury. Safety is always in mind so most remote starts are set to run for a timed period before automatically shutting down the engine. Whether the factory remote has additional features should be coverd in the owner's manual. If not.......

As an aside, my aftermarket DEI remote has additional features to accomodate these functions; to turn on rear defrost, changing run times from 10-minutes (default) to 12, 15 or more minutes, and as a cool down engine run timer for those having a turbocharger and don't want to wait the 3-5 minutes of engine idling after a thoroughly heat soaked turbocharger came off the streets from blasting around. Those with turbochargers are familiar with oil coking the oil feed line going to their turbos right after blasting around and never allowing the engine to cool down with a few minutes of idling to allow oil circulation; turbos stay HOT from all that exhaust gas flowing through and spinning the rotor so oil not circulated cooks in place resulting in coke deposits to choke off oil flow, ending in blown turbos. The after run feature of some remote starts (like mine) allows the driver to lock the doors and run away to hang out wit da boys while the engine runs a few minutes to continue oil circulating through the turbo's oil feed to prevent coking. Its wishful thinking to have a turbo in my L300 just so I can use this feature. The additional feature of turning on the rear defroster could be used to switch on a seat heater or two.

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote