SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
lone77wulf
lone77wulf is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2008 Astra XR
Default What to tell dealer about a radio program

I am attempting to add iPod controls to my Aura, and need the radio "flashed" to accept XM input accordng to the interface manufacturer. I had the dealership check,and the car was ordered without XM originally, but has the US8 radio, which is XM capable.

The dealer wasn't sure what they would have to do to with this, but I was told they needed to flash the radio programming with the Tech2 tool. Does anyone know a programing/settings name to tell them?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lone77wulf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lone77wulf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lone77wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2
Default Re: What to tell dealer about a radio program

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone77wulf View Post
I am attempting to add iPod controls to my Aura, and need the radio "flashed" to accept XM input accordng to the interface manufacturer. I had the dealership check,and the car was ordered without XM originally, but has the US8 radio, which is XM capable.

The dealer wasn't sure what they would have to do to with this, but I was told they needed to flash the radio programming with the Tech2 tool. Does anyone know a programing/settings name to tell them?
That is something they should know how to do. If they dont, find another GM dealer. I wouldn't want anyone messing with my cars electronics that doesnt know proper procedures. Even with instructions.

I still need to find a dealer that will turn on the fog light option.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 SC2
-2001 Limited Edition SC2 (#78)
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:39 AM   #3
Phaeton Driver
Phaeton Driver will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
turn on the fog light option.
What are you talking about? Turn on the FOG LIGHT OPTION in what?
I have fog lights and all I do is push a button that powers a relay and on they go, I think!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Phaeton Driver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Phaeton Driver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Phaeton Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton Driver View Post
What are you talking about? Turn on the FOG LIGHT OPTION in what?
I have fog lights and all I do is push a button that powers a relay and on they go, I think!
Mine didn't come with fog lights. And the car isn't prewired for them. I bought the factory lights, trim bezels, switch, Delphi connectors and metal terminals to connect everything to their factory location at the fuse box and BCM. The fog light option in the BCM has to be activated for it all to function.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
Michel1961
Michel1961 is on a distinguished road

What year and model ? Do you have the thick shark fin aerial or or the thin (little black stick) aerial ? I have an 07 XE with the second and the US8 radio and neither the dealer, a specialized GM installer or a third-party one ever managed to get the thing installed and working properly. You should be careful, I had an impressive lightshow on my dashboard when they turned the ignition after installing the ipod controller.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Michel1961's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Michel1961 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Michel1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #6
lone77wulf
lone77wulf is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2008 Astra XR

I've got the US8 radio, and I checked with the manufacturer about the lights going crazy, that's normal for the first 60 seconds, as it progams the module. The guy who sold me the car has now been promoted to finance at the dealer, but used to work in a stereo install place, so I'm hoping he can help with the flashing. As far as I can tell, adding this to the software won't hurt anything else, so all I have to worry about is the PAC harness.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lone77wulf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lone77wulf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lone77wulf is offline   Reply With Quote