SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2008, 08:07 PM   #1
ronaldo12
ronaldo12 is on a distinguished road

Default Car Donation, please help?????

I was planning on donating my car to a charity called Kars4Kids, however when I was doing some research, I found that they may not be legitimate. How do I find out if they are worth donating to? If anyone has any experience with them please let me know, thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ronaldo12's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ronaldo12 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ronaldo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2008, 10:20 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Car Donation, please help?????

Try your local Better Business Bureau for complaints against them, if they ever heard of them and whether they're registered as a place for charitable contributions.

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:26 AM   #3
bigfatdave
bigfatdave is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe
2001 SL2
Wrench Online "bad business bureau"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo12 View Post
I was planning on donating my car to a charity called Kars4Kids, however when I was doing some research, I found that they may not be legitimate. How do I find out if they are worth donating to? If anyone has any experience with them please let me know, thanks!
www.ripoffreport.com Has 3 reports on a basic search:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchre...&Search=Search

Quote:
From ripoffreport.comRipoff Report® is a worldwide consumer reporting Web site and publication, by consumers, for consumers, to file and document complaints about companies or individuals. While we encourage and even require authors to only file truthful reports, Ripoff Report does not guarantee that all reports are authenic or accurate. Be an educated consumer. Read what you can and make your decision based upon an examination of all available information.
Unlike the Better Business Bureau, Ripoff Report does not hide reports of "satisfied" complaints. ALL complaints remain public and unedited in order to create a working history on the company or individual in question.
Ripoff Reports cover every category imaginable! You can Browse the latest Reports, Search the Reports, or Submit your report now for FREE, by clicking on File Report. View over 1,000 different topics & categories you can file under.

I use them frequently, the site is often slow and buggy, but they keep a good archive.
3 reports in the last two years isn't all that bad, it looks like you get into a hard-sell timeshare deal after your "donation".

You can probably find a better charity.

still rolling

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bigfatdave's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bigfatdave reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bigfatdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #4
mikedevidh
mikedevidh is on a distinguished road

. No personal experience with them.
However, to check any charitable organization, go to the BBB Wise Giving Alliance website (www.give.org) click on "Charity Reports", and it gives a list of organizations. I put the link below that goes straight to the list page.

Car Donation in New York gives very good information.

http://www.donate-car-ny-new-york.org/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikedevidh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikedevidh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikedevidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
woonyboi02895
woonyboi02895 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2

i bought my car from a place where people donate thier cars. it was called helping hands.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to woonyboi02895's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help woonyboi02895 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
woonyboi02895 is offline   Reply With Quote