SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2008, 02:30 AM   #1
EricSaturnSC2
EricSaturnSC2 is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
Default Question about RKE on 2001 SC2

Hey folks, quick question for ya.

With my previous 2002 SC2 (that got totaled), I know when I locked the car with my key fob, the lights would blink alerting me that it had worked.

My new SC2, which is a 2001, the lights dont blink, but the key fob is infact properly locking the car and setting the alarm.

I didnt know if 2001's were not supposed to blink, or if I was having a problem with mine. Before my 2002 I had a 2000, and I cant for the life of me remember if it blinked or not... I kinda think it didnt, but I am not positive.

Thanks much!
--Eric

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to EricSaturnSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help EricSaturnSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
EricSaturnSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2008, 04:43 AM   #2
bigfatdave
bigfatdave is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe
2001 SL2
Wrench Re: Question about RKE on 2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSaturnSC2 View Post
My new SC2, which is a 2001, the lights don't blink, but the key fob is infact properly locking the car and setting the alarm.
Our 2001 SL2 blinks the DRLs/high-beams on lock or unlock. I may be wrong, but they should be the same.

Do you have DRLs disabled, or anything else odd about your high-beams?

still rolling

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bigfatdave's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bigfatdave reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bigfatdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #3
EricSaturnSC2

2001 SC2
Default Re: Question about RKE on 2001 SC2

Hi Dave. Thanks for your reply. I decided to double-check the manual, and sure enough I read this:

"Optionally, the Horn Chirp and Exterior Running Lamp flash modes can be turned off by your Saturn retailer."

So I'm guessing thats probably what has happened, a previous owner had the light blinking feature turned off.

I kinda like that feature, does anyone know if I can turn it on myself in any way, or do I have to go to the dealership for it?

Thanks!!!
--Eric

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help EricSaturnSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2008, 02:03 PM   #4
EricSaturnSC2

2001 SC2

Well, before taking it to Saturn, I decided to do a little tinkering on my own.

I found that my drivers side high-beam bulb was burnt out. Replaced it, and now my lights blink when I lock my car.

I wouldnt have guessed that one dead bulb would make the other not blink, but, hey, learn something new every day. I'm just glad its working now.

Thanks!
--Eric

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #5
bigfatdave
bigfatdave is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe
2001 SL2
Idea Re: Question about RKE on 2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSaturnSC2 View Post
Well, before taking it to Saturn, I decided to do a little tinkering on my own.
I found that my drivers side high-beam bulb was burnt out. Replaced it, and now my lights blink when I lock my car.
I wouldnt have guessed that one dead bulb would make the other not blink, but, hey, learn something new every day. I'm just glad its working now.
Thanks!
--Eric
This is why I do a light-check whenever I'm parked near a reflective surface and before any road-trip.
Glass storefronts can give you a full front or back check quite easily ... as can white vans/trucks in lots. It is worth checking, next time it might be something more important than a high-beam bulb.

still rolling

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bigfatdave's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bigfatdave reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bigfatdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:29 PM   #6
EricSaturnSC2

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdave View Post
This is why I do a light-check whenever I'm parked near a reflective surface and before any road-trip.
Glass storefronts can give you a full front or back check quite easily ... as can white vans/trucks in lots. It is worth checking, next time it might be something more important than a high-beam bulb.
Yeah, I did one of those this evening, a full light check. Everything else is good. Thanks for reminding me to do it.

I do think I need to adjust my headlights however, but other than that -- everything else is working fine.

Thanks...
--Eric

REWARD EXCELLENCE!