SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
russellhome
russellhome is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default '04 Vue Radio stopped working (but CD/MP3 still works)

Well - it took just over 3 1/2 years, but my perfect record of having "no problems" with my '04 Vue has come to an end. It is certainly not a show stopper -- just a radio issue.

I have the 6 speaker CD/MP3 player option - and no Onstar. A few days ago, the radio stopped working. The unit appears to function properly (i.e. you can still select AM/FM radio and adjust to different stations -- just no sound comes out. Also - playing CD and MP3 disks works fine. Just no sound when switched over to the radio.

Any chance the antenna just came loose or is this some other problem? Could it be an Amp fuse? Has this happened to anyone else?

I am now into the extended warranty period - so I'm assuming this may be covered - but likely with some kind of deductable. The factory unit was fine for me -- but I do need a working radio. But if the cost to fix is too much, I may just go for an aftermarket head unit.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to russellhome's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help russellhome reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
russellhome is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2008, 07:37 PM   #2
kcookie
kcookie is on a distinguished road

Default Re: '04 Vue Radio stopped working (but CD/MP3 still works)

Hi Russell-

My husband and I had the same problem several months ago with our '04 Vue...it was one of those uh-oh moments. It stopped producing sound only when using the radio function, the CD/MP3 player seemed to work just fine. (for record we also have the upgraded speakers, in case this matters electrically). The good news is, it spontaneously fixed itself after several car stops and starts (Parked, went into store, came out, drove around, parked at post office, etc...). We have not had a repeat problem since (knock on wood). My feeling is there is either a fuse or short problem somewhere in the antenna system. I hope yours fixes itself, too.

Cheers.

Kari

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kcookie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kcookie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:32 PM   #3
russellhome

2004 VUE 3.5L

Thanks for posting Kari

It sounds like the same sort of issue. However, it has been several days since mine stopped working. I doubt I'll have the luck you did. It is kind of a quirky problem -- the unit seems to be working fine. I may just pull the thing out and reset all of the connection cables. Who knows - maybe it will be a simple fix.

... and Welcome to the forum.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help russellhome reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #4
GMDad
GMDad will become famous soon enough

2007 VUE 3.5L

The radio in our '04 quit a couple of months ago as well. We pulled the radio fuse and it kinda reset itself and worked for another week or two and then quit again. I ended up with a fairly inexpensive aftermarket radio in there now. I purchased the mounting bracket and adapter harness and it looks real good in there and plays just fine for us. I believe these radios were noted for having issues after a length of time. Good Luck

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GMDad's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GMDad reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GMDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:03 PM   #5
russellhome

2004 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcookie View Post
Hi Russell-

... I hope yours fixes itself, too.

Cheers.

Kari
Believe it or not, my problem went away by itself, too. After approx. 2 weeks with no radio - it just started working again. Do I detect a trend here? We will see how long it lasts. I will probably still look to getting a new system - but at least now I can take my time and look for a good deal.

A self-reparing vehicle. Who would have thunk it. I wish all problems would just fix themselves.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!