SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Red Line

Old 05-01-2019, 10:38 PM   #1
FunnyGuy
FunnyGuy is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Fuse #10 keeps opening

2004 Saturn Ion Redline 126k miles no mods

Fuse #10 keeps opening I've changed out the pump and have unplugged everything on that circuit one by one (evap solenoid, both O2 sensors, charge pump, and MAF.) still opens I've traced all the wires and find nothing exposed or crimped. Sometimes the fuse stays closed for about 5-10 minutes before opening. I thought maybe its when I mess with the wires on that circuit is when the fuse stays closed for a bit but inevitably it opens and when it opens it keeps opening until I let it sit for awhile and then the fuse will close again for 5-10 Minutes...... I'm out of options I am thinking its the Body Control Module or Power Control Module or something!
FunnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2019, 12:27 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Fuse #10 keeps opening

Is this the wiring diagram for '04 Ion, #10 fuse?

FIGURE Fuse Block-Underhood Fuses: ERLS and INJECTORS, BCM Fuses: AIR BAG, CRUISE, and EPS(c)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TifToGif.jpg (153.2 KB, 11 views)
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 02:44 PM   #3
bern
Advanced Member
bern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of light

2006 VUE 3.5L
2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Fuse #10 keeps opening

I'm not sure what you meant by " I let it sit for awhile and then the fuse will close again for 5-10 Minutes" Do you replace the fuse each time it blows open or are you substituting the fuse with the circuit breaker? If the fuse does not blow with the engine is running idling But then blows while driving Is likely That the engine movement is causing a chafed wire too short to ground. There is not Any modules In the circuits between loads and fuse number 10 That can be over loading the circuit causing the fuse to open. (see schematic SI document 1374692) If you still can't find The cause of the overloaded circuit You can Also Add an inline fuse to suspected component circuits like the after cooler pump. If the number 10 fuse Still blows before the inline fuse for the aftercooler pump Then it can't be the aftercooler pump. Common places for short to ground Is the corner of the engine next to the oil filter and the purge solenoid bracket.

Last edited by bern; 05-04-2019 at 02:53 PM.
bern is offline   Reply With Quote