SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
Dach
Dach is a jewel in the roughDach is a jewel in the roughDach is a jewel in the rough

Default Need fuel lines for 2001 L200...HELP!

I had gas smell from the top of the tank and couldn't find any leaks. Took it to a shop and pulled the tank. The leak is from the fitting that clips onto the pump itself. It is hard to tell which line is leaking because there is fuel on both. It seems like the o-ring in the send line is malformed and the fitting was a little cocked, but the male connections on the pump were solid. I have a new fuel pump just in case but NOONE can find the stinking fuel lines. Does anyone know where to get these? The mechanic has tried GM but they can't give any definitive answers and say it could be a week or more to locate. THIS IS CRAP!!! What GM did with Saturn owners is inexcusable. I had 2 dealers within 15 miles of my house now, zero. Well, my rant is done, so if anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dach's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dach reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dach is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Need fuel lines for 2001 L200...HELP!

Saturn states in the service manuals three fuel line sizes; 1/4", 3/8", and 5/16" I.D. nylon lines. Hard lines are pushed on after heating the end to soften it and lubing with oil to help them slide onto the barbed fittings. They cannot be removed unless slit length wise to split the hose. The tight fit is to prevent fuel pressure from popping them off.

Either a local distributor will have these lines on a roll (sold by the foot) or search online for fuel line hose made for electronic fuel injection.

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
Dach
Dach is a jewel in the roughDach is a jewel in the roughDach is a jewel in the rough

I guess I need to clarify...the part that leaks is the snap on fitting. If these can be repaired or replaced that might work but the fitting is so close to a bend that cutting it off and putting a new fitting on seem impossible. The mechanic working on it is a little reluctant to replace any parts that are not factory made, and I can understand that, but if there are no pre-made fuel lines left anywhere than I need to find a place to get fittings and make one as you suggest. Do you know if the o-rings can be replaced in the fittings? It is yellow in color and the size of the line is the same as the fuel filter line if that helps.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dach's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dach reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Here are some drawings that may help. I don't know which lines you are describing. There may be replacement parts or maybe junk yard parts to use.

If you can, copy a drawing and use Paint to mark which line is broken.
Attached Images
File Type: gif fuel tank lines.gif (31.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: gif tank lines.gif (41.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: gif tank top.gif (45.8 KB, 46 views)

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:52 AM   #5
Dach

Couldn't quite figure out how to the Paint thing, but mine is the drawing on the left. The quick connect fitting that seemed to be leaking is the one on the right (which should be supply) and the one just to the left is the return. Both had fuel on them but the supply fitting was a little more cockeyed when it was attached. The number of bends and severity of them are the scary part of trying to fabricate one. I think the mechanic doesn't want to be blamed for a failure of a repaired line down the road and I can understand that. It seems strange that GM can't do an inventory search and locate these lines somewhere without just saying it could be 2 to 5 days to locate them. That's not very reassuring to someone who can't afford to be without a car for a week or more. A junkyard may be viable if I got lucky and found a tank off of a car but tank removal at a yard is out of the question. Also I guess there is no way to just replace the o-rings in these quick connects.
Thanks again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dach's Reputation