SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #21
M7Mayberry
M7Mayberry is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: What's the craziest thing you've hauled in your Vue?

3 adults, 2 child seats (children included) two strollers, two large diaper bags and a days worth of shopping bags from Disneyland.

"It's time for DODGER BASEBALL!" - Vin Scully

2007 Vue 5-speed manual
1999 Chevrolet S-10 5-speed manual (RIP 2011)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to M7Mayberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help M7Mayberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
M7Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2008, 11:22 PM   #22
bigfatdave
bigfatdave is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe
2001 SL2
Wrench craziest thing hauled in an ION?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazie View Post
I've got a picture of my sister-in-law carrying a box spring ON her ION QC. The mattress fit inside, but the box springs didn't squish enough to cram in. I also have a picture of it loaded down with plate glass shelves, decorative ceiling tiles, and slate and marble tiles, my car was similarly loaded.
If we're not just talking about loading VUEs ... ...

I got a 21.5 x 32 x 29.5 inch freezer into the back seat of our QC.
To give you an idea of how tight it was in there; both front seats were full forward, MrsBFD had to drive [it felt like my forehead was resting on the windshield], and it still wouldn't fit without removing all packaging.
Amazingly, we got it in with no damage to freezer or car right after uttering "one more try and then we rent a truck"

still rolling

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bigfatdave's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bigfatdave reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bigfatdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:53 AM   #23
burnout
Master Member
burnout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioVueBoy View Post
My wonderful 4 cylinder had no problems keeping my usual 80 MPH pace and giving excellent fuel economy though (don't know why the engine is exactly relevant in this case, but I suppose I'll keep up with the Joneses).

~D.J.~
I was very happy for the tall 5th gear in this car. With a LOADED car and trying to keep up with philadelphia traffic, it reduced the amount I needed to downshift a lot. All I had to do was punch it and I was already at 4,000rpm!

'13 VW CC 2.0T
'99 Volvo S70 AWD

Last edited by burnout; 06-15-2008 at 03:58 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to burnout's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help burnout reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #24
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnout View Post
I was very happy for the tall 5th gear in this car. With a LOADED car and trying to keep up with philadelphia traffic, it reduced the amount I needed to downshift a lot. All I had to do was punch it and I was already at 4,000rpm!
It's geared perfectly for highway driving... too many people are afraid to rev it/equate higher revs with lower fuel economy - which is not the case with this.

The thing's perfectly set up for tearing around the DC beltway and not needing to downshift... although the 5 - 3 downshift makes for a fun time shooting around fools going slow in the left hand lane.

~D.J.~

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OhioVueBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #25
Threesticks
Threesticks is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

My mother-in-law.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Threesticks's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Threesticks reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Threesticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:58 AM   #26
aquatechie
aquatechie is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioVueBoy View Post
The thing's perfectly set up for tearing around the DC beltway and not needing to downshift... although the 5 - 3 downshift makes for a fun time shooting around fools going slow in the left hand lane.
I hope you're not referring to the part with all the twists & turns between New Hampshire Ave and the GW Memorial Pkwy? I give major props to anyone who can handle the left lane on that stretch of road - especially in a Vue!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to aquatechie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help aquatechie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
aquatechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:38 AM   #27
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatechie View Post
I hope you're not referring to the part with all the twists & turns between New Hampshire Ave and the GW Memorial Pkwy? I give major props to anyone who can handle the left lane on that stretch of road - especially in a Vue!
Haha, I drive the stretch from Georgia to Old Georgetown every day, and 2 or 3 times a week, I drive from Old Georgetown to I-66 - the bulk of those curves.

It's actually quite capable in the corners if the lean doesn't bother you - it was 2 years old when we went on the run to Tail of the Dragon... it really changed my outlook on how the thing handles, and how hard it can be pushed.

I can't wait to attack those twisties in my smart

~D.J.~

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OhioVueBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:31 PM   #28
Ollie
Ollie will become famous soon enough

2005 VUE 3.5L

Craziest Thing
4 year old daughter - it's a constant

Bulkiest Thing
Three trips of hedge branches to the compost yard.
I still have leaves in the VUE.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
-John Wayne-

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ollie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ollie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #29
bryanm326
bryanm326 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L

My wife!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bryanm326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bryanm326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bryanm326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:52 PM   #30
Tek
Tek is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
1992 SC2

4 dead hookers, didn't even have to cut them up...

Rocking the 2009 Cobalt SS/TC now

2006 Saturn VUE (Baller Edition) *Traded In*
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2559230

RIP 2005 Saturn Ion Redline

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tek's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tek reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #31
texaspride28
texaspride28 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Well, if we're not just talking about Vue's anymore, I had a 98 SL1 and I moved from Texas to Florida. I got a trailer hitch put on it and put a 4X8 (I think, it was the smallest enclosed trailer uhaul rents) trailer behind it. It was WAY over towing capacity, as if SL1 had a towing capacity, filled to the brim. We probably couldn't have put even a piece of paper in that trailer. Also, we had the car full, passenger seat all the way forward. The seat had to stay open (that's where the cat was sitting) but there was no extra room in the back, under the seats, I even filled up the floorboard on the passenger side. My mileage decreased about 10mpg, and I had to be very careful not to go over bumps too fast, as it didn't have the best ground clearance to start with.

I guess all that's to be expected when you drive 1K miles @55mph in 4th gear. I will NEVER do that again. At least now I have an SUV, but due to that incident, my husband has forbidden a trailer hitch from being on the Vue. Oh well, if I need to tow anything, I'll just steal his truck

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to texaspride28's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help texaspride28 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
texaspride28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:00 PM   #32
Fitter Roger
Fitter Roger is on a distinguished road

New born baby goats with mother from the vet. The blood mess alone looked bad. That and I had 10 live Chickens and 1 Turkey going to the slaughter house........

Life on a Farm...........

Roger

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Fitter Roger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Fitter Roger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Fitter Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:37 PM   #33
pdough
Advanced Member
pdough will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L

Can't beat the last one... But, I have hauled a few hundred pounds of concrete once. Left one heck of a dusty mess. Also another time hauled a few hundred pounds of wood pellets for a pellet stove. Both times in the 2.2l were a little iffy getting onto the highway but once on, it handled pretty nicely. Gas mileage wasn't all that bad either for the 100 or so miles I hauled it. Also picked up lumber and a fence gate that was a little tricky getting in. Had to sit with my head almost out the window for that one. I also make a trip to the recycling center about twice a month with all kinds of household leftovers from home repairs etc. Interior is taking a beating on mine, but I don't plan on trading it in. Running it 'till it drops is my motto for this one. Has been pretty reliable so far.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pdough's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pdough reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:13 PM   #34
Theglen10
Theglen10 is on a distinguished road

I have hauled 12, 50 pounds (600lbs) bags of bulk flour. Suspension held it up well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Theglen10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Theglen10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Theglen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #35
WLKVUE
WLKVUE is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

I don't know about crazy, but inside I have hauled 8' tall trees, 8' lumber, 6' fence pickets, bags of sac-crete, bags of bark mulch, stone, bricks, plants, dogs, cats, a mini refrigerator, a radial arm saw and stand (disassembled), lawnmower, edger, shop vac, two wooden arbors (in Boxes), but not all at once of course. On the luggage racks I have carried up to 12' long lumber, 10' pvc pipe and 4' X 8' sheets of plywood by securing a couple of 2' X 4's to the rack and them fastening the plywood to the 2 x 4s with wood screws. One of the great things about the VUE is it's cargo capacity. And with the V6 if I need to haul something really large I just go to UHaul and rent a trailer. Who needs a pickup truck?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WLKVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WLKVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WLKVUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:30 PM   #36
Ollie
Ollie will become famous soon enough

2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitter Roger View Post
New born baby goats with mother from the vet. The blood mess alone looked bad. That and I had 10 live Chickens and 1 Turkey going to the slaughter house........

Life on a Farm...........

Roger
U Win!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
-John Wayne-

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ollie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ollie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote