SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Old 08-07-2006, 09:12 PM   #1
colonelhogan44
Master Member
colonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of light

1998 SL2
Default Does driving a ricer impede normal brain function?

seriously.
I and my SL2 almost were killed three times today by reckless drivers at the wheel of riced out cars. The first was an Acura Integra with an exhaust pipe that I could could have sworn a watermelon would have fit in. It almost touched the ground. the next two times i was the victim of a crazed Mazda rx8, cleverly adorned with a spoiler, rice taillights, a large fart pipe and a sunroof, from which two sets of hands with middle fingers raised protruded.
these ricer boys were by far the most dangerous, swerving across all lanes of traffic and onto the wrong side of the road in the face of oncoming traffic. I called this one in to California highway patrol along with the licence number. they put out a bulletin, and i hope they got him. we don't need crazies like that on our streets.

it's been a wild day, and I'm glad that I and my Saturn escaped without a scratch.
colonelhogan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2006, 09:37 PM   #2
AzBlondeRocket
AzBlondeRocket is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Does driving a ricer impede normal brain function?

Does driving a ricer impede normal brain function?

I vote yes, but unfortunately, bad drivers come in all cars, regardless of rice status. Seems to me that people are in too much of a hurry, and have no regard for the other drivers on the road.
2006 Saturn Vue Red Line -A Moose is on the Loose-
1990 Toyota Camry LE-V6 - Katy the Camry
AzBlondeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:06 PM   #3
xupthree60
Master Member
xupthree60 is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

my saturn and I, if ur trying to make urself sound better than somone else use better grammer than them, i suck at english as a second language letalone my only lol but i know that
3x CFR SCCA autocross champion with a 95 SL2 & 98 SC2

Currently own a 02 L200 with no plans to mod.
xupthree60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:52 PM   #4
colonelhogan44
Master Member
colonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of light

1998 SL2

I wrote that about 5 minutes after the most extreme incicent where the guys in the mazda tried to run me off the road while driving into oncoming traffic, and I was a little shook up. excuse my bad english.
colonelhogan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:11 AM   #5
xupthree60
Master Member
xupthree60 is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

nah its ok, like i said im not one to talk about peoples english lol

its just thers some stupid people out there, what they drive has no meaning on it, i know people that drive like that in corevetes and vipers and even saturns, but i also know poeple with riced to the max cars that drive more timid that anyone uve ever seen
3x CFR SCCA autocross champion with a 95 SL2 & 98 SC2

Currently own a 02 L200 with no plans to mod.
xupthree60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:56 AM   #6
SaturnManiac
Master Member
SaturnManiac is on a distinguished road

I think ricers are just retards with cars. They don't think of how their actions will affect other people. Yes stupid people drive all cars, but ricers are namely a "moron behind the wheel". They try to show-off with their riced out piece of garbage. They act worse than a darn 2-year old. I say throw 'em in the beans and cook 'em, LOL.

BTW, you can try phoning their tags to the state troopers office or some law enforcement, saying they are driving nuts. Sometimes the officers like these tips and will actually try to bust these people. Just tell them they are street racing or something.

Officers aim to pull ricers, because when they do, they will always be slapped with multiple tickets. Now I was in the car with my friend (he has a modified 92 SC), the cop let him go for speeding because he was honest with the officer and told him he wasn't doing it to be stupid, but he was trying to solve a problem with his car, and even told the officer that he does race his car, but only at the track, because he wouldn't want to kill someone on the road. I think he even told the cop "by no means am I a ricer." The cop even commented on liking his 92 SC and thought it was awesome that someone did that to a Saturn. He even invited the officer to watch him race at the track, LOL. I think at first the cop thought he was a ricer-wannabe.
R.I.P. - My 1996 Saturn SL2, "Psycho" - 7/95-2/17/06

R.I.P. - My 2000 Saturn SL2, "Sexy" - 11/24/99-8/05/08

If you're a car begging for your life, wouldn't you want someone to add fluids?
SaturnManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:10 AM   #7
944obscene
944obscene is on a distinguished road

1992 SL2

I live in Tulsa Oklahoma. I risk everything the second I leave the driveway. It's not just ricers (although probably the stoopidest of them all), but also older people and certain females. I don't mean to be sexist, I really don't. Even my girlfirend agrees. She was hit from behind in her Porsche 928 by some 16 year old ditzy girl in a late 80s Truck (one example). Then there are the rich people (not always old) who, for some reason, believe that they own the road. Everything is at thier command and the second you tick them off, they fly off the handle and do something dumb or irrational. they can usually be found speeding or pulling sudden lane changes without the signal on.

In Oklahoma, driving isn't just a privilage. It's an artistic battle dance, so watch your toes.
944obscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:48 AM   #8
SonnyD
Advanced Member
SonnyD is on a distinguished road

1999 SC1

Seems like I find or experience the craziest drivers when I'm on my motorcycle. I get the most insane people and cars trying to race me or tailgate me. Tailgaters are the worse, especially when your in a lane, with someone in front of you, and you can't possible go any FASTER!!!.
I agree with the person who said people are too much of a hurry. Not to offend any females if there are any on here, but I've noticed that teenage girls have become the new ROAD WARRIORS, I can't count the time I've almost been taken out by them, on my Bike, and in my Car.

Regards Sonny
I LOVE MY SATURN!!!!
99 SC1 "Marvin"
2007 Harley FLHX "Street Glide"
Fender 50's Strat...The Guitar That Put the "Rock" in Rock&Roll
SonnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:03 AM   #9
iheartmysaturn
iheartmysaturn is on a distinguished road

1993 SL2

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2095958. but according to kids like this street racing is not a crime (last time i looked it up it was). giving saturns a bad name everywhere.
~1993 Saturn SL2m
iheartmysaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:08 AM   #10
tex89408
tex89408 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1

Well ricers are idiots just becasue the have a spolier on a front wheel car they think they can go fast and then the muffler adds 50hp. lol. i was almost hit by an eclipse doing a u-turn today on my street. I kinda wish he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmysaturn
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2095958. but according to kids like this street racing is not a crime (last time i looked it up it was). giving saturns a bad name everywhere.
That car is pethetic. saturns are not ment to have a neon blue interior.
1996 Saturn SL1-70,000 miles
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358337
tex89408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:36 AM   #11
944obscene
944obscene is on a distinguished road

1992 SL2

That is the most retarded wagon I have ever seen.
944obscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:11 PM   #12
twosaturns
Master Member
twosaturns will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I love it when people live up to stereotypes, saves time.
he's got it all- the krylon interior, stickers, painted drums, ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGER, body kit ready to go, the chin pubes and the 'look at how cool I am' stance w/ his homeboy. OMG. I really hope he's not a saturnfan. probably hangs out at saturnspot.com
for the first time in 8 years, I don't own a saturn.
twosaturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:18 PM   #13
RangerRover
RangerRover is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2
1994 SL2

Quote:
I love how he brags about the electric supercharger, bodykit, CAI, and exhaust etc that he bought for that blazingly fast SOHC.

The ricers around here aren't too bad. Like 944 said, it seems to be the rich that are the worst around here. As if owning (being WAY in debt) a $100,000 car makes them better. Mercedes and BMW seem to be the worst. I think the car isolates them from the road TOO well - it makes them feel detached and nothing can happen.
You can tell Linux is made by geeks.
RangerRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:43 PM   #14
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerRover
I love how he brags about the electric supercharger, bodykit, CAI, and exhaust etc that he bought for that blazingly fast SOHC.
An autotragic SOHC, to be exact. (Sigh.) I'm sure those pedals make the car go waaaaay faster.

Somebody should call his mom and tell her what happened to her dryer vent hose.
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:26 PM   #15
synthkat
synthkat is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line
2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Is that "electric supercharger" one of those Turbonator's?! LOL!!!

Seriously though, Ricers aren't the only road hazards out there. Here are a few examples of tragedies waiting to happen:

1) Owners of cars that come with no turn signals option standard
2) The 50 mph speeder on the fast lane
3) The "Brake Happy" driver (who has no one in front of them for 100 miles)
4) and of course your daily "Speed Racers"

I know most of you can add more and more to this list but these are the one's that annoy me the most.
- Synth
synthkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #16
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

How can "no turn signals" even be considered an option? That's illegal where I am.

If you drive a big rig (18 wheeler) it's pretty much anyone with less then 3 axle's thats a problem. I remember riding with my dad once, some moron wouldn't let him over and just kept "floating" between the front of the truck and the back of the trailer. The rest of the people don't know the meaning of "wide right hand turn."
The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:47 PM   #17
rectifryer
rectifryer is on a distinguished road

1994 SL2
1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthkat
Is that "electric supercharger" one of those Turbonator's?! LOL!!!

Seriously though, Ricers aren't the only road hazards out there. Here are a few examples of tragedies waiting to happen:

1) Owners of cars that come with no turn signals option standard
2) The 50 mph speeder on the fast lane
3) The "Brake Happy" driver (who has no one in front of them for 100 miles)
4) and of course your daily "Speed Racers"

I know most of you can add more and more to this list but these are the one's that annoy me the most.
Your forget people in small company vehicles.
But I can understand, drive it like you stole it!
rectifryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:50 PM   #18
synthkat

2004 ION Red Line
2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido
How can "no turn signals" even be considered an option? That's illegal where I am.
Oops, didn't word it right. Basically I meant people who have a hard time using their signals for lane changing. It really annoys the hell out of me. I've always wanted to ask people that do that whether they were too cheap to buy the "turn signal" option in their cars since it doesn't look like it came standard.
- Synth
Old 08-08-2006, 01:52 PM   #19
rectifryer
rectifryer is on a distinguished road

1994 SL2
1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthkat
Oops, didn't word it right. Basically I meant people who have a hard time using their signals for lane changing. It really annoys the hell out of me. I've always wanted to ask people that do that whether they were too cheap to buy the "turn signal" option in their cars since it doesn't look like it came standard.

My fiero doesnt have turn signals.
But thats because I had it towed without the key and we had to break the steering lock. Too bad its my daily driver.
rectifryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #20
synthkat

2004 ION Red Line
2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido
I remember riding with my dad once, some moron wouldn't let him over and just kept "floating" between the front of the truck and the back of the trailer. The rest of the people don't know the meaning of "wide right hand turn."
Ah yes, floaters. They see you are trying to change to the lane they're on and instead of yielding or speeding past you they pace you. You speed up, they speed up;You slow down, they slow down.
- Synth