SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 01:27 PM   #1
Jim Waibel
Jim Waibel will become famous soon enoughJim Waibel will become famous soon enough

Question starter brush kit

94 SL2. does anyone know where I can get a starter brush kit to re-new a starter motor? That's all I have that's wrong with this starter. I have 3 older Saturns in the family and would like to have a spare ready as opposed to the $180 cost of a rebuilt one. No Autoparts stores here (Napa, autozone, advance etc ) have them. I'm sure it would not be too expensive to get, I just need to find them. Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jim Waibel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jim Waibel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2003, 05:47 PM   #2
dieseljack
Advanced Member
dieseljack is on a distinguished road

I'm afraid that the starter, made by Valeo, is in the same boat as the alternator in that they are both serviced as replacement assemblies, and no individual service parts are available from Saturn or GM. There are also no repair procedures in the factory service manual. It's a shame, because both units in my Acura RSX can be completely overhauled with readily available replacement parts.

That Valeo starter is excellent in its own right however, and I'll wager it's a long time to brush time. The original in my '95 Saturn is still whipping the engine over at 305K without a burp.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dieseljack's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dieseljack reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-31-2003, 08:41 PM   #3
auxmike
auxmike is on a distinguished road

These french made Valeo starters are VERY easy to get on Ebay.I bought one for
$15 and have it tucked away.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to auxmike's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help auxmike reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-31-2003, 10:14 PM   #4
Saturn-Eh!
Saturn-Eh! is on a distinguished road

Obtaining brushes is easier than you think. Just hit the yellow pages under "automotive electrical" and a number of rebuilders will be there. Give them a call, they will sell you whatever you need.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn-Eh!'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn-Eh! reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-01-2003, 08:44 AM   #5
Luke
Master Member
Luke will become famous soon enough

1995 SL2

Fm DieselJack
Quote:
That Valeo starter is excellent in its own right however, and I'll wager it's a long time to brush time. The original in my '95 Saturn is still whipping the engine over at 305K without a burp.
Ditto here; with my 95SL2 just passing 350,000 miles.

> 95 SL 2 = 653,369 Miles 40.4 MPG, as of 5/20/11. My manual Radiator Fan Switch, courtesy of Wolfman's patient installation guidance, continues to be.......invaluable < The car was retired

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Luke's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Luke reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread