SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
mikeraff23
mikeraff23 is on a distinguished road

Default honest saturn mechanic?

Can anyone recommend a mechanic in Chicago that can work on my saturn 2000 sc2 that is not a crook? I went to one mechanic that told me i have a blown head gasket and it would cost around $2k to fix. I had my codes read at autozone and all that came up was PO442 which has something to do with a bad gas cap. I can tell from the way the engine is struggling that it is more than a bad gas cap. But, I would appreciate getting a second opinion from someone besides a random name in the yellowpages before I put $2k into the car. Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikeraff23's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikeraff23 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikeraff23 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: honest saturn mechanic?

Blown headgasket? Not likely. Maybe we can help you figure it out. If you wanna drive up here, I can recommend 2 good Saturn techs.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
mikeraff23
mikeraff23 is on a distinguished road

thanks, but the way my car is running, I might be a little nervous driving to Canada in this cold weather!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikeraff23's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikeraff23 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikeraff23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:41 PM   #4
1995 SC2
1995 SC2 is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up Re: honest saturn mechanic?

Hello fellow Chicago Saturn Owner! I would recommend Saturn Of Schaumburg! They're located on Higgins Road about 3 Miles West of the Woodfield Mall! This is where I only take my Saturn for Service! No Neighborhood Mechanics for my Saturn! Great Service and very Friendly Staff! Now I know going to the Saturn Dealer is a bit more Expensive than a local Neighborhood Mechanic! But they have the Parts in Stock and the Experience to work on Saturns!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1995 SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1995 SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1995 SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:39 AM   #5
Hiddenlites
Advanced Member
Hiddenlites is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995 SC2 View Post
Hello fellow Chicago Saturn Owner! I would recommend Saturn Of Schaumburg! They're located on Higgins Road about 3 Miles West of the Woodfield Mall! This is where I only take my Saturn for Service! No Neighborhood Mechanics for my Saturn! Great Service and very Friendly Staff! Now I know going to the Saturn Dealer is a bit more Expensive than a local Neighborhood Mechanic! But they have the Parts in Stock and the Experience to work on Saturns!
I thought a parking brake cable should be a stocked part. I had to order it. But then again I'm talking about four years ago.

1993 Saturn SC2 75k
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2008 Saturn VUE Redline 175k sold 7/8/16
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
2016 GMC Acadia

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hiddenlites's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hiddenlites reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Hiddenlites is offline   Reply With Quote