SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #1
dennis1972
dennis1972 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 2.2L
Default 2006 saturn vue external fuel filter

I own a 2006 saturn vue with the 2.2 liter, yesterday I went to an auto parts store to pick up some parts, while I was there I got a external fuel filter. Came home raised the suv, put stands under it, I can not for the life of me find the fuel filter, usually on the drivers side rail. Looked both drivers and passengers side. I phoned the Chevy dealer, was told by parts lady she shows no external fuel filter for it. Would like to know who is correct the dealer or the other parts store

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dennis1972's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dennis1972 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dennis1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2017, 01:23 PM   #2
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2006 saturn vue external fuel filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis1972 View Post
I own a 2006 saturn vue with the 2.2 liter, yesterday I went to an auto parts store to pick up some parts, while I was there I got a external fuel filter. Came home raised the suv, put stands under it, I can not for the life of me find the fuel filter, usually on the drivers side rail. Looked both drivers and passengers side. I phoned the Chevy dealer, was told by parts lady she shows no external fuel filter for it. Would like to know who is correct the dealer or the other parts store
I'm pretty sure all the fuel filters went inside the fuel tank after 2003.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Most likely the Chevy dealer parts lady. While I don't have info for '06 Vues, '05 Vues use a saddle fuel tank with a built in fuel filter in the pump module - the filter is in the fuel tank. Normally, external fuel filters are mounted near the fuel tank on either left or right side under open areas of the chassis where fuel lines can pass and conspicuous when looking for it. Since you cannot find anything resembling an external fuel filter, its most likely in the fuel tank. Below are drawings of an '05 fuel tank and fuel pump.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (140.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-2.jpg (133.5 KB, 2 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:59 AM   #4
gm7
Advanced Member
gm7 will become famous soon enoughgm7 will become famous soon enough

2009 VUE Red Line

Anybody know if there is a service interval for replacing the fuel filter connected to the fuel pump inside the gas tank on a Vue?...like 100k miles?

Anybody change theirs as a matter of preventive maintenance? Hard job?

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gm7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:53 PM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

None. According to service manuals;

Fuel Strainer

The fuel strainer attaches to the lower end of the primary fuel tank module. The fuel strainer is made of woven plastic. The functions of the fuel strainer are to filter contaminants and to wick fuel. The fuel strainer normally requires no maintenance. Fuel stoppage at this point indicates that the fuel tank contains an abnormal amount of sediment or contamination.

Fuel Filter

The fuel filter (1) is located in the primary fuel tank module. The paper filter element traps particles in the fuel that may damage the fuel injection system. The filter housing is made to withstand maximum fuel system pressure, exposure to fuel additives, and changes in temperature.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TifToGif.jpg (138.6 KB, 4 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:03 PM   #6
gm7
Advanced Member
gm7 will become famous soon enoughgm7 will become famous soon enough

2009 VUE Red Line

Thanks fdryer...appreciate it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gm7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gm7 is offline   Reply With Quote