SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
jason0
jason0 is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
Default 01 Saturn sc2 starts fine most times , others won t even turn over??

Last 2 or 3 weeks car not starting sometimes. Leave it alone for 2 or 3 hrs then starts right up. When I turn the key on , battery is strong but won t even turn over. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jason0's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jason0 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jason0 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: 01 Saturn sc2 starts fine most times , others won t even turn over??

From the information you have provided that sounds like the starter is failing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2
Default Re: 01 Saturn sc2 starts fine most times , others won t even turn over??

Yep, sounds heat-related. I had the same problem, nothing when the car was hot. Let it cool off, cranked right up.

dbelectric is a good online source, $50 shipped for a starter. If you're not familiar with Saturn starter replacement, hit Youtube and search for richpin06a video on starter replacement

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

dbelectric has moved everything to eBay now so search for them as a seller.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #5
el diablo viejo
el diablo viejo will become famous soon enough

1994 SW1
2000 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
dbelectric has moved everything to eBay now so search for them as a seller.
I just bought one last week. The website http://www.dbelectrical.com/ still looks viable

97 sl2 a/t 104 K
1989 GMC 3500 454 129 K, 1969 442 455 rat rod

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to el diablo viejo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help el diablo viejo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
el diablo viejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #6
climbski
climbski has a spectacular aura aboutclimbski has a spectacular aura about

2000 SW2
1999 SW2

Sounds identical to how my starter died a while back. Eventually it wouldn't start at all. Recommend replacing before that happens Fortunately I have a manual trans. Push starting it was embarrassing for a day though heh.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to climbski's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help climbski reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
climbski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
jason0
jason0 is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2

Thanks so much. Made me feel lot better. Wow 50 buck shipped for starter, thats awesome. Thanks again for everything guys

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jason0's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jason0 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jason0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #8
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to behold

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1

The DB website worked as of 12-3-13 when I ordered mine.
Installed and cured my no start issue just fine

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #9
SL19302
Master Member
SL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to all

2000 SW2
2002 SL1

The starter is failing, Replace it before you get stranded.

2015 Subaru Forester Limited "Prinny"
2000 SW2 Still Running Strong- 160K Traded In
2002 SL1 Still has Its Training Wheels on at 88K Traded In

CHECK YOUR OIL!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL19302's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL19302 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SL19302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #10
OldNuc

1998 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by toggenburg View Post
The DB website worked as of 12-3-13 when I ordered mine.
Installed and cured my no start issue just fine
Well, you are correct, they fixed it by paying up the hosting fee. http://www.dbelectrical.com/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-11-2013, 06:30 AM   #11
dummo
Master Member
dummo is just really nicedummo is just really nicedummo is just really nicedummo is just really nicedummo is just really nice

1997 SW2

i have a similar issue but it seems to be key related... and just began with the coming of cold weather

Put key in - turn ...nothing

Put key in - turn ...nothing

Put key in - turn ...cranks and starts

I have yet to be stranded by this because after 2 or 3 nothings it will eventually crank and start

I tried a second (older key) and it cranked right up.

on warmer days the issue is gone completely so it seems too random to come to any conclusions yet.

1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
1994 SL1 new traded
1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dummo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #12
climbski
climbski has a spectacular aura aboutclimbski has a spectacular aura about

2000 SW2
1999 SW2

Hehe like I said before .. sounds exactly like when my starter went out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to climbski's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help climbski reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
climbski is offline   Reply With Quote