SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
Warren
Warren is on a distinguished road

Default Any Other Canadians out there

Anyone have a guess as to what the Cdn dollar price of the Outlook will be.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Warren's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Warren reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #2
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Any Other Canadians out there

$3000-$4000more than the US likely.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:41 AM   #3
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy
$3000-$4000more than the US likely.
Conservatively .....If they keep the base model close to $31,000 CAD then it should be competitive. Don't get me started on the currency conversion rip-off

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:32 PM   #4
Warren

Talk about a conversion rip off. I understand the Japanese are still using a conversion rate that places the Cdn $ around $0.69 per U.S.$. Now that is the way to make money.
Back to the Outlook, I have heard the only reason cars are more expensive in Canada is because we have been "conditioned" to pay more for our vehicles than our American colleagues. If any American auto execs are reading this, perhaps they would like to comment.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Warren reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-04-2006, 02:27 PM   #5
mellissam
mellissam will become famous soon enoughmellissam will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealvue
Conservatively .....If they keep the base model close to $31,000 CAD then it should be competitive. Don't get me started on the currency conversion rip-off
I hear you!!
I swear the next car purchase will be made in the states, and I'll bring it over....Just pricing out the Vue on the American site vs the Candian site makes my blood boil.....

'Silven'

K&N / Sheep seats / Run Brds / Roof Rack / Fog Lps / Trailer Hitch / Air Horns / LEDs / Power Inv. / Cool Blues

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mellissam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mellissam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mellissam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
Kevin94SL
Kevin94SL is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellissam
I hear you!!
I swear the next car purchase will be made in the states, and I'll bring it over....Just pricing out the Vue on the American site vs the Candian site makes my blood boil.....
I'd do it just for an american gauge package... the $$ would be secondary...

Kevin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kevin94SL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kevin94SL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kevin94SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #7
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Back to the Outlook, I have heard the only reason cars are more expensive in Canada is because we have been "conditioned" to pay more for our vehicles than our American colleagues. If any American auto execs are reading this, perhaps they would like to comment.
Absolutely true. Because of the often volitile relationship of the CDN, and USD they heven't adjusted it since we were paying that much, so why stop> then if they drop the prices, and the US dollar goes up, then they have to hear us whine about raising prices, so just keep it high. There was an article in the local paper some months back, which talked about this, and one example they gave was the Dodge Viper. To buy it in Windsor, instead of Detroit, you pay a $10,000 premium. The more expensive the car, the larger the price dispairity.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-05-2006, 11:42 AM   #8
saturncanuck
saturncanuck is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2006 ION-3 Sedan

It will be comparable with other vehicles like it in the market.

Look at the Aura.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturncanuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturncanuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:41 AM   #9
Warren

The Outlook will be the first Saturn I have a real interest in. Could someone please explain to me what is meant by the Saturn Buying Experience. I think it means that Saturn has a price and that's it, but surely there must be more to it than that. Didn't Toyota try to introduce something like that a couple of years ago and for some reason abandoned the idea.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-09-2006, 12:43 PM   #10
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
The Outlook will be the first Saturn I have a real interest in. Could someone please explain to me what is meant by the Saturn Buying Experience. I think it means that Saturn has a price and that's it, but surely there must be more to it than that. Didn't Toyota try to introduce something like that a couple of years ago and for some reason abandoned the idea.
Wel it's the no haggle thing, the no pressure sales pitch, and overall it's just a more personable feel from the dealer. Not every dealer has been totally faithful to this even from the start, and it's beginning to fade for many. But there are still some out there that sing to you upon delivery. And of course the obligatory new owner with their new car. Me and my mom both have our pictures.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation