SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2006, 12:30 PM   #1
hedges1
hedges1 is on a distinguished road

Default Outlook Impressions: From the Texas State Fair

Well I loaded up the family and headed over to the fair to get my hands in hopes of crawling all over the new Outlook. Sure enough they had a beautiful White XR and a Silver GMC Acadia. UNFORTUNATELY they had decided to put both on platforms about 30 feet apart and wouldn't let anybody inside the vehicles. Pretty disappointing.

I was able to look inside the vehicle (just not as much as I'd hoped) and I was very impressed with what I saw. Here are my observations.

1. The interior is much nicer than even the pictures show. The quality of materials as well as fit and finish were waaay above my expectations. The seats look so comfortable I was dying for a chance to plop my butt down in one.

2. Everything seemed smaller than what I was expecting. I was really worried that the vehicle would be big and heavy looking but it really doesn't at all. The press release photo's make the interior look very large and plain, but in reality it's much cozier of a space and it doesn't look bland at all.

3. Still don't know if there's LATCH in the third row as I couldn't get back there. There IS one LATCH anchor on the backside of the middle third row seat, but that doesn't mean there are anchors buried in between the seat cushions. The 2007 Pacifica has the anchor on the seatback but not down around the seat belt latches. We'll just have to keep waiting to find out for sure.

4. The Saturn is VERY classy looking. I like it a lot more than the Acadia which somehow has managed to retain some clunkiness to it with some oversized design cues like the center stack air vents. It definately has that GMC personality. The Outlook really has more of an Acura type feel to it.

5. Beautiful in white. Maybe this is a testament to the design because I really hate white cars, but this one just looked awesome. My wife and I found ourselves seriously considering buying one in white, can't wait to see the other colors.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hedges1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hedges1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hedges1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2006, 08:34 PM   #2
KenSatrun
KenSatrun is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Outlook Impressions: From the Texas State Fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedges1
3. Still don't know if there's LATCH in the third row as I couldn't get back there. There IS one LATCH anchor on the backside of the middle third row seat, but that doesn't mean there are anchors buried in between the seat cushions. The 2007 Pacifica has the anchor on the seatback but not down around the seat belt latches. We'll just have to keep waiting to find out for sure.
Outlook has two latch locations - 2nd row outboard. 3rd row center has a top tether.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KenSatrun's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KenSatrun reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KenSatrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
uboys
uboys is on a distinguished road

hedges1, I'd be willing to bet that your dealer would be more than happy to install an extra LATCH anchor or two at no cost if you asked him to.
If I remember correctly you wanted at least three.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to uboys's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help uboys reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
uboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:36 PM   #4
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

According to info I've seen from GMC on the Acadia, it offers "up to five LATCH points," so it would stand to reason that the Outlook would also offer up to five.

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote