SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2006, 11:36 PM   #1
mkaresh
Advanced Member
mkaresh is on a distinguished road

Default Prices and reliability

I'm personally very interested in this vehicle. I've toyed with buying a Ford Freestyle in the past, and the Outlook looks like it should be better in many ways.

I run a site that provides price comparisons and collects reliability information (first results soon). I fully intend to get the Outlook's pricing into my database as soon as it becomes available. If someone spots it before I do, I'd appreciate an email.

Contact form is here: http://www.truedelta.com/contact.php

On the reliability side, I'll start collecting data on the Outlook as soon as 25 are enrolled in my panel. In some cases this has happened soon after the car went on sale. I hope this is one of those cases, both because I think this is a very significant vehicle and because of my personal interest in it. I'd love to have some initial results by next summer.

You can find my explanation of how my research will differ from CR's here:

http://www.truedelta.com/pieces/shortcomings.php

Other related editorials in the sidebar.

truedelta.com -- need more Saturns!
More useful reliability information -- first info on Aura and Outlook
Price comparisons, quick and thorough

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mkaresh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mkaresh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mkaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2006, 08:50 AM   #2
robertburns3
robertburns3 is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Prices and reliability

I've read your posts and am intrigued by the prospects of your website. I have also joined your panel.

It says a lot that a guy as informed as you is interested in two vehicles I am interested in buying, both the Freestyle and the Outlook. I prefer GM products, so I am hoping I can afford an Outlook for my first family vehicle.

I have also written an essay critiquing CR. While I have never posted it, I wrote it prior to discovering your site. I defiantly don't have the statistical skills you have, but I have always noticed some serious flaws in their rating systems.

I do have one honest question for you. If most cars are very close in quality, as you have claimed which I agree with you on won't your website demonstrate this and in essence put yourself out of business? It seems to me that CR exaggerates differences in cars and other products in order to keep them in the business of selling magazines.

Former Saturn salesperson...love the cars, hated the boss.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to robertburns3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help robertburns3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
robertburns3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:28 AM   #3
mkaresh
Advanced Member
mkaresh is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Prices and reliability

I have said the same thing before -- that if I do what I intend to do I might put myself out of business.

But this is going to extremes. There are and will continue to be a few unreliable cars out there. While I think my research will result in more cars' reliability being acceptable to more people, it won't make all cars' reliability acceptable to all people.

Similarly, while I expect reliability will form a small portion of many people's decisions, it will still be part of these decisions. I'm not looking to entirely determine which cars people buy.

truedelta.com -- need more Saturns!
More useful reliability information -- first info on Aura and Outlook
Price comparisons, quick and thorough

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mkaresh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mkaresh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mkaresh is offline   Reply With Quote