SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 10:21 AM   #1
johnsocal
johnsocal is on a distinguished road

Default Who thinks Saturn should put the QC's front facia on the sedan?

Who thinks Saturn should put the QC's front facia on the sedan?

The QC headlights on the sedan would look nice.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to johnsocal's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help johnsocal reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2003, 10:31 AM   #2
ChrisION
ChrisION is on a distinguished road

i don't like the Quad Coupe's front facia, one reason i picked the sedan over the Quad Coupe. if saturn did decide to do this, i most likely wouldn't buy one then... i think they should put the sedan's front facia on the Quad Coupe if anything :-P

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChrisION's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChrisION reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 10:50 AM   #3
jmettee
jmettee is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Quad Coupe

I think they should be just as they are. the coupe has the more agressive & sportier front end.

The cars would be too similar if they had the same front.

J

2003 SATURN Ion QC3m
"Giggity Giggity Goo" -Quagmire

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jmettee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jmettee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 10:57 AM   #4
KrgION03
KrgION03 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by jmettee
I think they should be just as they are. the coupe has the more agressive & sportier front end.

The cars would be too similar if they had the same front.

J
Me too!

Kyle

18 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic, Narvik Black
15 Porsche Cayman, Carrara White
Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KrgION03's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KrgION03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 10:57 AM   #5
BradJK
BradJK is on a distinguished road

2005 RELAY-2
2001 SL2

The sedan should get the coupe nose only if it gets all the redline go fast parts as well!

Good by SL2, Hello???
Just waiting on the 5 door Astra

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BradJK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BradJK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:48 AM   #6
rehm70
rehm70 is on a distinguished road

the QC front end is what caught my attention last year. The reason we bought one, is because of the innovations of the 4 doors, and fold flat front seat, it will be easier to get a child seat in the rear, whenever I am blessed with my child. We have owned two s-series cars, our current one is a 2002 model with 61,500 miles on it already. When we bought our last S car, we said we were not going to buy another Saturn, because of the room issue, and the VUE doesnt fit our mpg needs,(see 61,500 mi on 23 month old car) the old L series is butt ugly, but when they introduced the ION QC, that all changed. We are big Stock Car fans, and love the lines of the 2000- Monte Carlos. I did'nt purchase one because I think they are over priced and underpowered. To me and my wife, we think the front end of the ION QC shares some familiar resemblances with the front end of a Monte. With the addition of screen mesh in the grille opening, fascia and fog light opening, and a front air dam, it will look sweet. With the help of a lowering kit, some wheels/tires, side skirts with side exhaust, and a Winston Cup style spoiler(painted orange, of course,) the rest of the car should look good too. Our car is white, and I think I will paint the black piece of plastic behind the rear doors white also, it will make it look like it has a longer rear end, I think. We bought our QC July 26. With incentives, and our GM card points, we got 3725$ off the price. Knowing that Saturn hasn't offered rebates like that in the past, it would have been a crime to NOT buy it, especially with 0% financing on top of it. Now all we need to get is some power, so we can show them import guys some fast and furious American style! I will post pics of car as I modify. thanks for reading

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rehm70's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rehm70 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:49 AM   #7
johnsocal
johnsocal is on a distinguished road

I think a Redline version of the sedan with the QC's front would look slick. I quess they would need to use the QC's hood and front 1/4 panels to make it all work.

I personally think the front of the sedan looks a little-out-dated IMHO.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to johnsocal's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help johnsocal reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:59 AM   #8
KrgION03

Quote:
Originally posted by johnsocal
I personally think the front of the sedan looks a little-out-dated IMHO.
See, I think the sedan's front end is more modern, it looks like a concept car from the front! The Quad coupe's front end, while I do like it, is more basic I think...not quite as unique!

Kyle

Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help KrgION03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 12:05 PM   #9
sstar
sstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nice

2002 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by rehm70

the old L series is butt ugly,
What about the new L series?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sstar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sstar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 12:12 PM   #10
KrgION03

Quote:
Originally posted by sstar
What about the new L series?
I think the exterior is gorgeous! The interior is a different story though

Kyle

Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-06-2003, 12:19 PM   #11
rehm70
rehm70 is on a distinguished road

new L is gorgeous, especially when following one, but the QC front end basic?! those headlights are pimp!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rehm70's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rehm70 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 12:31 PM   #12
KrgION03

Quote:
Originally posted by rehm70
new L is gorgeous, especially when following one, but the QC front end basic?! those headlights are pimp!
Yeah, they are!

I do like them a lot, basic doesn't always mean bad.

By basic I mean more traditional, the quad coupes headlights are similar in shape to the SC2 headlights, the Ion sedan front fascia is unlike anything else I've seen.

Kyle

Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-06-2003, 01:21 PM   #13
zborgerd
zborgerd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by rehm70
We are big Stock Car fans, and love the lines of the 2000- Monte Carlos. I did'nt purchase one because I think they are over priced and underpowered. To me and my wife, we think the front end of the ION QC shares some familiar resemblances with the front end of a Monte.
Weird. Then I'm not the only person that has observed this. As a matter of fact, I almost thought that they WERE the same lights at first. The shape is dead-on, almost the same... And they look great.

I like my sedan as it is though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zborgerd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zborgerd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 02:57 PM   #14
Shadow_tek001
Advanced Member
Shadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of light

No way man, nothing like it (ok maybe a tiny bit) but Ion's head lights swing back and up around the sides and look way more aggressive. IMHO

Edward.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Shadow_tek001's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Shadow_tek001 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 06:19 PM   #15
trunx
trunx is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line

I always thought the ION sedan's headlights and grille combination has a similar look to the last generation Nissan Sentra, the main difference being that the edges/corners on the ION are sharper. I have had people who have seen my car from the front thinking I had bought a Nissan Altima.

[COLOR=Navy][U]Tristan[/U]___________
2006 ION Redline w/ Comp. Pkg.: "Yuri"[/COLOR]

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trunx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trunx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 06:32 PM   #16
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Keep the QC front end where it is -- on the QC.

I also agree with trunx, the ION sedan's front clip does bear resemblance to the late '90's Nissan Sentra. I might add it also looks like the '92-'97 Oldsmobile Achieva's -- all that's lacking is the 'waterfall' grille.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 07:13 PM   #17
PAGuy77
PAGuy77 is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan

I guess I didn't have chance to compare the two. When I bought my Ion, only the sedans were out on the market. Personally I like the front grill on my sedan the way it is. I agree with others here that the QC looks more aggressive with that front end that it has. To put that on the sedan, would totally ruin the look for it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PAGuy77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PAGuy77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 08:29 PM   #18
zallen777
Advanced Member
zallen777 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2007 AURA XR
Dizzy

The Quad was available when I got my sedan, but two reasons I didn't purchase it over my sedan, (ironically I waited till it came out because I thought I wanted one over the sedan)

Although I think its a great looking car I prefer the looks of the sedans front end as well, and after my sportier SC2 I wanted something a little more, dare I say it "Conservative"and my SC2 coupe felt a little clausterphobic for my long commuttes and the Quad interior reminded me of that somewhat.
I can hear Quad owners thinking your crazy, my front end is much cooler and in a way I would agree as far as sporty looking, I also love the look of the 2000 LS and my sedans front end reminds me of that, very European, but its sort of like apples and oranges as far as comparing! lol
MIke

[url]http://www.zallenmusic.com[/url]
[url]http://zallenart.googlepages.com[/url]

2007 Aura XE
2007 AuraXR
05 Vue 5 spd manual
03 ION 3 Sedan Cranberry
03 ION 2 Sedan Black
99 SC2 Blkberry
95 SC2 Red

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zallen777's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zallen777 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-07-2003, 04:15 AM   #19
superoog
superoog is on a distinguished road

one friend compared the front end of my QC to the acura RSX, while another friend on another occasion compared the back end to the toyota celica. the wacky security guard at work compared the car to a mustang (go figure).

i think it looks an awful lot like a saturn ION quad coupe, myself. after all, that's why i bought it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to superoog's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help superoog reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-07-2003, 09:00 AM   #20
FL ION BY
FL ION BY is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default I DO ! I DO! I DO!

YES!!!! I love the QC front end. I wanted a sedan this time though, and although the front of the ION sedan is okay, I would prefer a variation of the QC front end! I still love my ION3 sedan, but I agree, the QC front end is really awesome!

Previous Saturn cars: 1993 SL2 Blue/Green, 1999 SC1 2-Door Dark Blue, 2003 ION3 Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FL ION BY's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FL ION BY reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread