SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
MoneyMatters
MoneyMatters is on a distinguished road

Default Stabilitrack and Traction Control Problems

Has anyone else had problems with their Outlook's transmission? I have an 08 Outlook with AWD. About a week ago it stalled as I approached a stop sign. When I restarted it 2 messages began alternating on the display panel: (1) "Traction Control Offline" and (2) "Service Stabilitrack Soon." I took it to a nearby Chevy dealer the next day and they said the computer had no record of any problems. They did a 10 mile test drive and had no problems. The same thing happened again today. The messages flashed alternately for about 10 minutes then they stopped. I drove straight to the dealer but, once again, the computer did not record any problem codes.

Has anyone else had similar problems? If so, what is the solution?

Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MoneyMatters's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MoneyMatters reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MoneyMatters is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
Way2QWK
Way2QWK is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Stabilitrack and Traction Control Problems

The most common cause for those lights is the following: Usually there is also a camshaft position fault code stored but not allways. There is a updated computer program for the ecm to address this. If the code returns, which it probably will, then the camshaft end play needs to be checked by the technician. There is a washer type spacer that takes up the play keeping the cam from "walking". If the play is still out of spec then the cyl heads need to be replaced. We did a lot of these back in 2008-09.

***Saturn Tech and owner of Planet Automotive in Tucson AZ. Specializing in Saturn repairs.

94 SW2- custom intake and ported throttle body
2003 Saturn Vue 3.0 v6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Way2QWK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Way2QWK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Way2QWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

those are the two lights that come on when timing chain stretches and needs to be replaced under warranty. fairly common problem. maybe it isnt that and wont do it again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE
Question Re: Stabilitrack and Traction Control Problems

" . . . wo lights that come on when timing chain stretches and needs to be replaced under warranty."

hmmm i should pull out the paper on this, but maybe easier asking here --- what is the warranty period on a timing chain ?

Thanks !

nite,
doug c

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #5
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

powertrain warranty. 5/100 in u s..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
Harald
Harald is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
those are the two lights that come on when timing chain stretches and needs to be replaced under warranty. fairly common problem. maybe it isnt that and wont do it again.
I've had my timing chain replaced with the new, heavier ones, and now I'm seeing this problem too, both the "stall at stops" and the irregular stabilitrak warning.

It's something else.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Harald's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Harald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Harald is offline   Reply With Quote