SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
somethin2
somethin2 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default 2003 Saturn Vue wont go into Reverse

The car recently less then a month ago had a ignition recall done on it per Recall. Now less then 30 days later the VUE will not go into REVERSE. Everything up to that date was fine. On morning after Thanksgiving it wouldn't go into reverse. It started just fine though. But not sure if it will go into any other gear as I tried only REVERSE to get out of garage. This is an AUTOMATIC.

Shifter Cable ?
35 Clutch Wave Plate ?
Or is it something else?

There was no noticeable issues prior to this which might suggest a transmission going on. SO I suspect an electrical issues of some sort. Is it possible that the Servicing of the Ignition replacement may have resulted in the Shifter Cable being disconnected and not properly reconnected. For the last 30 days it appears the Vehicle was driving normal otherwise. Any insight into Cause(s) would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to somethin2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help somethin2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
somethin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
somethin2

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: 2003 Saturn Vue wont go into Reverse

Update

Went to start Vue to see if could duplicate issue. I noticed a few things while doing so myself. See this car is the one my wife usually drives.

First, Car cranks and starts just fine no problems.
2nd, All other gears forward, 1 and 2 work car will roll or drive forwards.
3rd, When putting the car into reverse the car hesitates. When gas peddle is applied the car will jolt backwords fast. or jerk backwords fast I mean.

It appears that the fluid level is fine as I checked it for Transmission level when car was heated up properly. Does anyone have ideas on what might cause this? IS this a censor of some sort. Because the Vue was not having any slipping or other shifting issues going from or through different stages of RPMS. NO slipping or hesitation at all prior.

Do you believe the issue is related to the ignition recall replacement. Is there a possibility that the ignition being removed and replace could have caused the other no reverse problem to come about?

Any ideas would greately help please.

Thankyou,

Chris

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help somethin2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-09-2014, 05:08 PM   #3
somethin2

2003 VUE 3.0L

Did someone read this?

I was hoping for an opinion of what might be the cause please?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-09-2014, 05:23 PM   #4
topcat
topcat will become famous soon enough

2005 VUE 3.5L

I'd start with a fluid change; maybe add half a can of seafoam trans treatment. As for whether there is a connection with the ignition switch and your transmission issues; I would think it would have occurred at the time of replacement not a month later.
Best.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to topcat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help topcat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
topcat is offline   Reply With Quote