SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2019, 03:54 AM   #1
NWSaturn247
NWSaturn247 will become famous soon enoughNWSaturn247 will become famous soon enough

1999 SL2
Default Did you put the hammer down today?

A lot of idiots in my locale. I'm driving along and some dumdum pulls out of a driveway just a second before I'd be there. Suby drivers, I tell ya.

Fighter pilot mode, whip in opposing lane hammer down, back in proper lane.

1 2 3 4 5

Square breathing

Goosfraba

1999 SL2 A4 -85k miles
Currently sipping Mobil 1 & LiquiMoly mos2

TCW3 dosed fuel

https://www.ls1.com/forums/f48/been-testing-oil-91206/

1993 SL2 SOLD @189k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NWSaturn247's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NWSaturn247 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NWSaturn247 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2019, 09:54 AM   #2
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nice

1998 SC2
1998 SW2
Default Re: Did you put the hammer down today?

No, I am still holding the hammer...and everything looks like a nail
whatwasthequestion?

Competition Clutch 10Lb. Flywheel. 14 stalls to date (and loving it).
Oil use is 1 ounce per 100 miles with ~230,000 miles on the engine

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bumpdraft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bumpdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 01:11 PM   #3
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

I hate when people do that. All in a rush to get on the road with no gumption to get to their destination. Especially when they skip the stop sign at this one popular intersection. I tend to ride their bumper for a while when they do that, I don't mind someone being in a hurry to be in front of me...but I expect the same hurry once you get there!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 01:51 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWSaturn247 View Post
A lot of idiots in my locale. I'm driving along and some dumdum pulls out of a driveway just a second before I'd be there. Suby drivers......
We must be close relatives, Saturn wise. One up on you with the same scenario but with a Tesla pulling out from an apartment building open air parking lot driveway with either me hitting him or him T-boning me. I caught the idiot looking right, not left as he continued pulling out into the street as I came up on his left, laying on the horn for a quite a few seconds. Looking into my rear view mirror, I saw him sheepishly reverse direction, perhaps contemplating his Teslaness a little bruised from the impromptu encounter with reality driving. I think his oneness with his Tesla was shattered. A Model-S without cameras to review this transgression. Vehicles on the street blocking a clear view from hidden driveways poses a loss of sightlines to make decisions difficult. I like Teslas by the way, not thoughtless drivers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:42 PM   #5
Pitcher
Master Member
Pitcher has a spectacular aura aboutPitcher has a spectacular aura aboutPitcher has a spectacular aura about

1998 SC2

Yes, I floorboard Red Hot every time I drive it.

She likes to be rev'd up!

Proud Owner of an Invincible '98 SC2 Rare "Red Hot" 5-Speed.
Castrol Edge EP + M1 Ext Perf. Oil Filter.

Owned 4 other S-Series.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Pitcher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Pitcher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:27 PM   #6
NWSaturn247
NWSaturn247 will become famous soon enoughNWSaturn247 will become famous soon enough

1999 SL2

I was wondering if one could rig up a system that feeds a fine mist of windshield fluid into the intake when RPMs are above say 4000. That would only be for relatively short bursts. What could possibly go wrong.

I'll check red green for tips.

1999 SL2 A4 -85k miles
Currently sipping Mobil 1 & LiquiMoly mos2

TCW3 dosed fuel

https://www.ls1.com/forums/f48/been-testing-oil-91206/

1993 SL2 SOLD @189k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NWSaturn247's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NWSaturn247 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NWSaturn247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:44 PM   #7
Goggles Pisano
Goggles Pisano is on a distinguished road

1999 SL1

You'll go hammer down once you leave a screening of Ford v. Ferrari!

Quick tip though, *mild SL2-sized spoiler* there is a quote that bookends the movie, as follows:

ďThereís a point at 7,000 RPMs where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. It disappears. All thatís left, a body moving through space, and time. At 7,000 RPM, thatís where you meet it. Thatís where it waits for you.Ē

DO NOT TRY TO FOLLOW THIS ADVICE WITH YOUR SATURN!!! YOU WILL LITTER THE ROAD WITH ENGINE PARTS!

I REPEAT, DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS WITH YOUR S-SERIES SATURN!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Goggles Pisano's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Goggles Pisano reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Goggles Pisano is offline   Reply With Quote