SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2015, 04:40 AM   #1
cityhawk
Master Member
cityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to behold

1993 SW2
Default Looking (way) ahead, Larz Anderson Museum Extinct Car Day 2015

Referencing this thread in the S-series forum, We're trying to reach out to other Saturn models as well.

For those of you who don't know, the Larz Anderson Auto Museum is a great little gem near Boston that hosts lawn events on Saturdays and Sundays throughout the spring, summer and fall months. Each of these events features a particular type of vehicle, perhaps a country or a make or marque. Some examples are "Chevrolet day," "German car day," "Corvette day," etc.

In October (it was the 25th last year) they have a lawn event called "Extinct Car Day" which features cars from now defunct brands. In the event last year, there were Hudsons, Studebakers, Packards, DeSotos, a Stanley Steamer, and Pontiacs, Mercuries, Oldsmobiles, AMC cars, Plymouths.... and five Saturns. I documented the event in my blog in this entry. I hope this year to get my LW300 there as well, assuming I successfully resurrect it.

Anyway, we are hoping to make a bigger showing of it this year.... with luck enough to get a road rally type event to go along with the Larz Anderson show. Among S-series users, we have people coming from as far away as South Carolina and even Utah for the event.

It would be great to meet some of you L-series folks as well. Fdryer, you're in NYC, which isn't too far away.

Anyway, I'm just putting the event on everyone's radar to see if you're interested in a moderate-sized Saturn meetup.

In the future, I hope to get enough people doing this sort of thing to arrange a homecoming in Spring Hill, but for now, since I don't know how many can come, it's nice to arrange it around another appropriate event such as Larz Anderson's Extinct Car Day.

Last year, the five of us saturnfans members and some assorted family members had a great time and everyone plans to come back... if we just met among ourselves, it wouldn't have been as cool.

Don't worry about whether or not your car is show quality. Survivor cars are all the rage now.

Anyway, I hope some of you all can make it.

Saturns:
1993 SW2 MT 204,000 hard Boston city miles ("Rozzie")
Gone but not forgotten:
2001 LW300 ("Elle")
1999 SW2 MT
Project cars:
1966 Corvair Monza convertible
1928 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cityhawk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cityhawk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cityhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2015, 10:11 AM   #2
dummo
Master Member
dummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SW2
Default Re: Looking (way) ahead, Larz Anderson Museum Extinct Car Day 2015

For Father's Day, my girls took me to a car show in Norwalk CT outside a famous mansion that was used for the 1960's Dark Shadows Television show. We arrived a 20 minutes before ending time and it seemed that most of the cars left early. Many nice cars and free admission but nowhere near the amount of cars at last years Larz Anderson Extinct Car Lawn show. And the cars stayed at least until the advertised end time. Looking forward to October
CarShow0621151451.jpg

1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
1994 SL1 new traded
1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dummo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote