SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
octoberroads
octoberroads is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L
Happy New & proud owner of a Vue

Hey all, glad to be a part of the Vue family. Found a 2002 AWD V6 sitting on a lot in Columbus yesterday. Just had a little over 100k. One owner vehicle. All work was done at the dealership. They provided me with maintenance records from the day it was rolled off the showroom floor. All necessary work has been done (including timing belt change). The car is a gem. Hardly any scratches whatsoever. The interior is immaculate. After trade, I got it for a little under 6000. Now if I can just get some ventvisors and tint the windows, I'll be good to go. Anything I should worry about in the future? Any advice on keeping the car running well is welcome. I will have this for another four years (took out a 48 month loan).

Thanks,
Shane

Current:
04 VUE FWD Black 5spd Purchased 02/04/09

Former:
02 VUE AWD Red V6 RIP 01/15/09
"My baby" '00 Grey Bronze SL1 136K 5spd.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to octoberroads's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help octoberroads reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
octoberroads is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
octoberroads
octoberroads is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: New & proud owner of a Vue

Forgot to mention, the VUE was in the dealership every 3000 miles for oil and filter change and for them to inspect everything. Anything you could mention has been changed (wheel bearings, links, tranny fluid, coolant flushed, timing belt, blower motor and resistor, etc.). The previous owner was very, very picky according to the dealer and I have 6 years of maintenance records to prove it

By the way, if you live in Ohio and want a good Saturn dealer, try Saturn South East in Columbus. I swear, I've never had a better experience with a dealership in my life (and this is my 7th vehicle purchase). Aside from the courteousness of the staff, they did every little thing they could to make sure I was happy with my purchase. They even stayed after hours to detail the inside for me and fill my tank with gas. If all of my experiences with Saturn are this good, they might have found a buyer for life (although I might continue with the used trend, not a big fan of the non-polymer lineup they're pushing now).

Current:
04 VUE FWD Black 5spd Purchased 02/04/09

Former:
02 VUE AWD Red V6 RIP 01/15/09
"My baby" '00 Grey Bronze SL1 136K 5spd.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to octoberroads's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help octoberroads reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
octoberroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #3
tackepj
tackepj will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

Congrats on your VUE. Sounds like the purchase went really well! Enjoy the L81 V6. We had that engine in an L-series and it was a gem, although a bit noisy (but a very good noise!). Do a search on the AWD system and make sure you have it maintained properly to help avoid problems in the future.

Former: 2005 L300, 2007 VUE Green Line
Current: 2008 Astra XE

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tackepj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tackepj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tackepj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
BuckeyeBud
BuckeyeBud is on a distinguished road

Looks like the two of us are driving matching rides. I will be turning 100K this week. IIRC, all 3 Columbus Saturn dealerships are owned by the same person. When I worked in Groveport I used the SE dealership for service and was very pleased.

As far as suggestions, I always throw a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank after every oil change.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BuckeyeBud's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BuckeyeBud reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BuckeyeBud is offline   Reply With Quote