SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2018, 10:44 PM   #1
rkert99
rkert99 has a spectacular aura aboutrkert99 has a spectacular aura aboutrkert99 has a spectacular aura about

Default TPMS learning mode.

I bought a set of aftermarket wheels for my Astra so I need to reset the TPMS. I have one of the tools to do that but i can't get the car to go into learning mode. I followed what I thought was the correct procedure. Turn the ignition to the on position but don't start the car and then press the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob simultaneously. But nothing is happening. Is there a different procedure for the Astra or for a manual car?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rkert99's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rkert99 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rkert99 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2018, 07:05 PM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: TPMS learning mode.

Not sure but astra does not use gm tpms system. Think that procedure is for gm cars. Thinking maybe you need a tool .

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:37 PM   #3
nicolas_p
nicolas_p has a spectacular aura aboutnicolas_p has a spectacular aura about

2009 Astra XR
2008 Astra XE

There is no tool required. As long as you bought the correct tpms sensors the car will self learn the sensors while driving above 15mph for a couple miles. The astra uses a passive sensor system where the car monitors the pressure but not at a specific tire, it won't tell you which tire is low just that there is low pressure.

09 Vauxhall Astra XR3/STD
18" Team Dynamic MonzaR rims
Eibach Sportline, Whiteline BHR75Z swaybar and EBC Rotors
CD30 Mp3, Insignia jets, vxR surround, sharkfin antenna, Spoiler, Tint

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nicolas_p's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nicolas_p reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nicolas_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:27 PM   #4
machinn
machinn has a spectacular aura aboutmachinn has a spectacular aura aboutmachinn has a spectacular aura about

Did anyone manage to figure out how to reset the TPMS in case the Saturn Astra does not auto reset? I am just tired to look at the yellow sensor light on the dash. Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to machinn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help machinn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
machinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:26 PM   #5
imaddicted2u
imaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really nice

2008 AURA XE

Based on this....It auto resets
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...60&postcount=7

2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to imaddicted2u's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help imaddicted2u reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:50 PM   #6
nicolas_p
nicolas_p has a spectacular aura aboutnicolas_p has a spectacular aura about

2009 Astra XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinn View Post
Did anyone manage to figure out how to reset the TPMS in case the Saturn Astra does not auto reset? I am just tired to look at the yellow sensor light on the dash. Thanks!
It auto resets, chances are that you have a dead TPMS sensor. I've already replaced all of mine when the batteries failed 3 years ago

09 Vauxhall Astra XR3/STD
18" Team Dynamic MonzaR rims
Eibach Sportline, Whiteline BHR75Z swaybar and EBC Rotors
CD30 Mp3, Insignia jets, vxR surround, sharkfin antenna, Spoiler, Tint

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nicolas_p's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nicolas_p reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nicolas_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 09:30 PM   #7
machinn
machinn has a spectacular aura aboutmachinn has a spectacular aura aboutmachinn has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the advice! But I never had any issue with the sensor, before changing two tires in the front and moving the best remaining two in the back. It this is indeed the case, I guess I will have to wait until I change the other two tires to replace all sensors.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to machinn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help machinn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
machinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:00 PM   #8
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolas_p View Post
It auto resets, chances are that you have a dead TPMS sensor. I've already replaced all of mine when the batteries failed 3 years ago
Is there info in the owner's manual on life expectancy of tpms batteries. General info says no more than ten years but recommendations are to replace sensors when replacing tires. Calculation of tire life in years can determine when to replace sensors to maximize their use while avoiding dead batteries and adding costs to sensor replacement from needlessly dismounting a tire for sensor replacement.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:55 PM   #9
imaddicted2u
imaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really nice

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinn View Post
Thanks for the advice! But I never had any issue with the sensor, before changing two tires in the front and moving the best remaining two in the back. It this is indeed the case, I guess I will have to wait until I change the other two tires to replace all sensors.
Based on this...it seems a possibility could be that one or both of the sensors were damaged or removed and replaced with new valve stems. Also, moving a sensor with a weak battery farther from the receiver could cause this sort of issue. A tire shop might be able to use their TPMS tool to communicate with each sensor and read battery level.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help imaddicted2u reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-26-2019, 04:12 PM   #10
imaddicted2u

2008 AURA XE

This video explains checking Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Battery Information
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwYLlh1PQu4

REWARD EXCELLENCE!