SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > Classifieds
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2019, 10:40 PM   #1
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default 3.0L V6 used water pump and three idler pulleys

If anyone's interested in rebuilding the water pump and idler pulleys with new bearings, contact me via private messaging. I replaced them when performing a timing belt replacement recently. None the worse for wear after 108k miles but they are used. Even the black oxide coating remains on all three idlers. The core parts are perfect for anyone with access to a bench press and some tools to replace all the bearings. Bearings should be replaced and that shouldn't be a problem to anyone with knowhow. The one O-ring to the water pump may be problem but not for anyone accustomed to searching for specific parts. These four items will remain on my bench until asked otherwise they'll get tossed. All I ask is shipping costs (UPS, postal, whatever). I'll try to update with snapshots later.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2019, 09:01 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 3.0L V6 used water pump and three idler pulleys

Snapshots. Coolant corrosion around the water pump seal may have allowed a small leak, less than half a pint per year after 75k(?) miles as I suspected ether the pump seal or two (reused) O-rings on the t-stat extension tube were suspect after t-stat replacement. Idler bearings are not loose but grease oozed out from seals. Pump bearings are tight, not loose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2165.jpg (150.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2166.jpg (171.5 KB, 1 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote