SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2016, 06:28 PM   #1
shaker_op
shaker_op is on a distinguished road

Default Transmission Control Module (TCM) Replacement

I picked up a 2008 Vue XE AWD and since my purchase every 300 or so miles I get a P0752 code and it won't shift out of 2nd gear. I typically shut it off for 10 seconds turn it back on and away I go. With that said, has anyone changed out their TCM on their own? I can pick up on from Auto Zone for about $425 with my Uber discount and as long as I give them my VIN they will program it for me as well. It isn't AC/Delco, it comes from Dorman.

It doesn't look too difficult, but just wanted some advice if anyone has done it in the past. I don't think my wave plate is going out since I have put 4,000 miles on it since I purchased it 2 months ago (lots of ubering).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Eddie G

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to shaker_op's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help shaker_op reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
shaker_op is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2017, 04:30 PM   #2
Kartboarder22G
Kartboarder22G is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Transmission Control Module (TCM) Replacement

Hey did you replace yours? Just wondering how hard, looks like I have some similar issues developing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kartboarder22G's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kartboarder22G reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kartboarder22G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:05 PM   #3
luklyz
luklyz is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

there are pressure disks that are going bad inside of the valve body. You can get a rebuild kit from Sonnax for $15

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to luklyz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help luklyz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
luklyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:03 AM   #4
segchris
segchris is on a distinguished road

Anyone do this replacement? Looking to do it on mine and just wondering how hard it was to get the TCM out? Anyone have an overview of what they had to remove or do to get at it?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to segchris's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help segchris reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
segchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:12 PM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

While plug n' play modules is one method of repair, without proof of failure may result in an expensive experiment in diy repairs. The overwhelming conservative approach has always been to check fluid level first, check again for problems and if the problem doesn't go away, replace xmission fluids and filter. Even with solenoid error codes, old/dirty xmission fluid can affect electronically controlled xmissions. If the same error code reappears after fluid replacement, solenoid replacement is next. The best diy repair - swapping free parts.

Electronically controlled xmissions incorporates a transmission control module, solenoid valves, hydraulic torque converter for smooth xmission shifts, pump and xmission gears. Guessing which parts failed can be just as expensive as throwing parts on an engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:34 PM   #6
luklyz
luklyz is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

I did pull my TCM, and I did replace discs (P0752 stuck in second gear). It's not that hard and can be done with the transmission in the car.
New TCM will need to be programmed for your car. The TCM software contains your car VIN number and has to communicate with the body. Also after replacement, you will need to perform a relearn procedure at the dealer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to luklyz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help luklyz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
luklyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:05 AM   #7
gill_mn
gill_mn is on a distinguished road

Any chance you can elaborate on the sentence: "Also after replacement, you will need to perform a relearn procedure at the dealer."

I just had mine (TCUM) replaced at a local transmission shop. They had a contractor come through to reprogram the TCUM, however, nothing was mentioned/done regarding a "Relearn" at the dealer - would appreciate anything you can share. Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gill_mn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gill_mn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gill_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:33 PM   #8
NGFD14
NGFD14 will become famous soon enoughNGFD14 will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE
2000 SL2

Do you have the part number for the fix? What did it cost? My periodically sticks in 1st gear. I was told it is showing a bad solenoid, but you need entire valve body replacement part, that is about $820 in Canada. I did have the 3,5, R wave plate issue done under warranty about 40,000kms ago. Thanks.
2009 Vue XE AWD. 3.5

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NGFD14's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NGFD14 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NGFD14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:27 PM   #9
acdc
acdc is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Re: Transmission Control Module (TCM) Replacement

Can anybody tell me where the TCM is located on my 2008 VUE XR?
Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to acdc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help acdc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
acdc is offline   Reply With Quote