SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2019, 09:05 PM   #1
TheEagle
TheEagle is on a distinguished road

Default what size is the windshield wiper retaining nut on the 08 vue?

obvious answer is go put a socket on it and find out, however dont have the vehicle in front of me at the moment.

she has been having issue with the one wiper working the other wiper not.

Need to just tighten the retaining nut down , hopefully and that will fix it.

anyone know the size of the nut, so I can have my ratchet ready to go ?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TheEagle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TheEagle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TheEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2019, 09:39 PM   #2
TheEagle

Default Re: what size is the windshield wiper retaining nut on the 08 vue?

just did some research . looks like this is a common problem with the vue. The set up in the pictures is differnt than what I had imagined based off of other cars. Looks like wiper transmission will need replaced. Again , dont have the car in front of me. but based off of others videos and pictures. I am wondering if there is a shortcut so I dont have to replace the transmission. like maybe I can tighten the linkage bushing if that is the issue...or self tap a nut in and tighten it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help TheEagle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-22-2019, 12:40 AM   #3
TheEagle

how the hell are you supposed to get these cheap plastic tabs off the trim without breaking them ??? most cars have a screw. these are just cheap plastic tabs that are secure underneath. how do you get them off without destroying them? or should i just snip them from the bottom and be done with it???

driver side wiper is not working. I pulled the wiper off and the part coming up that rotates that the wiper is attached too is not turning when I turn on the wipers. I have to get under all this plastic trimming to look at the wiper transmission and where the linkage is. but this trirmming is secured with cheap plastic tabs that i dont know what to do about

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-22-2019, 01:05 AM   #4
focusofheart
focusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2

I use black plastic hex cap covers to protect the bolts that hold on the wipers due to the silly covers breaking. Looks ok.

Saturn 1998 - SL2 automatic
Singer 1952 - 301A knee driven

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to focusofheart's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help focusofheart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
focusofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:16 AM   #5
TheEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusofheart View Post
I use black plastic hex cap covers to protect the bolts that hold on the wipers due to the silly covers breaking. Looks ok.
I can get the wipers off no problem. but I need to pull the cheap plastic cover off to get to the wiper transmission and motor, but there are like six plastic tab thingys that dont have a way to screw out. on other cars they are usually able to unscrew with a phillips screwdriver. do I just rip them out and break them or how do I get them out?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-22-2019, 11:02 AM   #6
focusofheart
focusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEagle View Post
I can get the wipers off no problem. but I need to pull the cheap plastic cover off to get to the wiper transmission and motor, but there are like six plastic tab thingys that dont have a way to screw out. on other cars they are usually able to unscrew with a phillips screwdriver. do I just rip them out and break them or how do I get them out?

Check this out then - it shows how to get the plastic cover off starting at about 1:13

'2008 saturn vue wiper transmission replace'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blyu0ekGDV0

Saturn 1998 - SL2 automatic
Singer 1952 - 301A knee driven

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to focusofheart's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help focusofheart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
focusofheart is offline   Reply With Quote