SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
kae
kae is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default Power Seat Not Working

I rarely ever have to adjust the power seat in my Vue so I honestly don't know how long it hasn't been working. My mom was going to use my car but couldn't get the seat to adjust. We checked the fuse and it is fine. Anyone have any issues with their seat? I had it in last week for the door handle recall but I really wouldn't think that should have any thing to do with the seat not working now....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kae is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: Power Seat Not Working

There has to be a wiring harness connector under the seat. Try disconnecting and reconnecting it.

Did you try all the directions? Possibly just one of the motors is bad?

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
kae

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

I tried all of the directions and none work. Also disconnected and reconnect two things under the seat...both had yellow connectors so I assume it was the harness.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #4
kae

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

I took the Vue in on Saturday and after telling them that I could not wait for 2 weeks to get an appointment they agreed to take a look at it. After about 2 hours they came and told me they changed the fuse (although there was nothing wrong with the fuse AND I watched the tech as he fiddled under the seat) and it was now working. It worked...smoothly in the parking lot and very jerky later that evening. Sunday morning it was dead again. So at 7:30 am I will be contacting them again so they can take a serious look at the problem. Up until now I really haven't had any problems so it's a little disappointing. I'm more concerned about the people than I am about the issue since for the first time I can really say that the atmosphere at my local Saturn has changed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Old 09-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #5
kae

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

An update for anyone interested....Saturn has determined that there is an "internal failure" in one of the motors of the seat and had to order the seat frame/motors to replace.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Old 09-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #6
Warren
Warren is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kae View Post
An update for anyone interested....Saturn has determined that there is an "internal failure" in one of the motors of the seat and had to order the seat frame/motors to replace.
I wish you good luck on the replacement part. I have been waiting for over 3 weeks now for an On Star back-up battery replacement. It is certainly true that the quality of service from Saturn has deteriorated considerably in the past few months. Can't say that I am surprised however as I know were I working for Saturn I would certainly be out looking for another job.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Warren's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Warren reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 07:55 AM   #7
kingf
kingf is on a distinguished road

In a 2002 Vue, none of the Drivers Seat motors work.
Investigation showed I could power 2 of the 3 motors with an alternate power source. The third motor blew a 20 amp fuse. This "might" be normal since the circuit is 30 amps.

HOWEVER, even after disconnecting the one motor, the other two motors do not work when using the standard fuse. The fuse was swapped with the power windows and the problem stayed with the seat wiring.

Although the wiring shows 12V, it was not able to power some 12V LEDs.
Further testing showed there is an issue with the positive wire that runs under the carpet and to the fuse.

I have yet to test if there is a short or bad connection.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kingf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kingf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kingf is offline   Reply With Quote