SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2006, 06:49 PM   #1
binkybaby
binkybaby is on a distinguished road

Default Bye bye Binkymobile.....hello, uh, Binkymobile Too

Yes, i just pulled a ClapDaddy on myself. (i remember when he went in to have his Harley serviced and rode off in a new one!....same thing) i was looking to get the source of the Binkymobile's bad vibes pinpointed, and lo and behold after looking, numbercrunching and soul searching, thinking about the VTi's sorted history, as well as surrendering my tax refund, i drove off in a new 2006 Vue FWD 6!!!!!!!! i am here to tell u right now the difference is like night and day. Where i had to drop the hammer on the Binkymobile to get her rolling, doing that with the new Vue pins me back in my seat and i'm doing 85 in the blink of an eye. The 3.5 has so much power it's outstanding, and i'm babying it for starters till she gets broken in. Of course i am gonna miss the S-series inspired 1st gen Vue frontend, but the new one looks sharp as well, and gives her an upscale look. Of course, i'm getting the BINKY plates transferred over, and naturally i'm gonna post pics as soon as i can.

-sXe for life-

Former Saturn owner but still a Saturn Fan~!

2010 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7L

Last edited by binkybaby; 01-30-2006 at 06:55 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to binkybaby's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help binkybaby reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
binkybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2006, 07:14 PM   #2
oldcar1
oldcar1 is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Bye bye Binkymobile.....hello, uh, Binkymobile Too

Congrats, I picked up mine on Saturday in Fusion Orange. I went to a Saturn new owners meeting last tuesday for the Saturn club and ended up buying the 2006 vue. BTW the black tailights look great on the 2006. The only difference was I rode to Detroit last week with Clapdaddy, so I set myself up for this one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oldcar1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oldcar1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oldcar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:19 PM   #3
binkybaby

great idea.....though i would like the blingy chrome to go with the noo bloo voo. i didn't get the chrome package ex-factory but i can get it put on for $300 or so.....maybe less if i do it myself........yes i did it, couldn't really afford it, but i decided i had to before they changed the Vue to some Opel.........

-sXe for life-

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help binkybaby reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-30-2006, 08:28 PM   #4
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

Congrats! Now you can drive without fear of "SVT" syndrome. That's "Sudden VTi Termination" syndrome.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:39 PM   #5
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Thumbs Up Re: Bye bye Binkymobile.....hello, uh, Binkymobile Too

Wow, congratulations!!! The 3.5L V6 is NICE!

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:22 PM   #6
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

Congrats! Just got my '06 FWD V6 Vue too in black with chrome.....and I am loving it! Just getting used to the low rpm's on the 5 speed autobox.

My last car was a 2000 Olds Silhouette. I guess in retrospect, and '82 Chevette coulda made me happy too.......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:46 AM   #7
VUEnumber1
Advanced Member
VUEnumber1 will become famous soon enough

2007 VUE 3.5L
2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealvue
...I guess in retrospect, and '82 Chevette coulda made me happy too.......
Only if the alternative was walking.

I suppose with a Chevette you could be both walking AND driving on the same outing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUEnumber1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUEnumber1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VUEnumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:43 PM   #8
pd1601
pd1601 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
2001 SL1

We never bothered "babying" our '04. In the first approx 1000 miles, the thing we avoided was cruising at a fixed speed or fixed RPM. Suffice to say, we've gotten very good gas mileage subsequently, getting pretty close to the EPA figures for our different (real) driving style.
We also came from a VTi and the difference was amazing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pd1601's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pd1601 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pd1601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:44 PM   #9
GirlWithAVue
GirlWithAVue is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Congrats on your new VUE! I've got the V6 FWD '06 and LOVE it! I'm sure anyone on here that has one will agree, as you quickly found out, the power and the ride is amazing. Best of luck!

2006 FWD V6 VUE Black/Grey/Chrome

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GirlWithAVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GirlWithAVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GirlWithAVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:54 PM   #10
04AWDV6VUE
04AWDV6VUE is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

Congrats on the new VUE, how is the radio w/ the MP3 plug-in? I wish my VUE had that, it would be great w/ my iPod.

The power from the 3.5 V6 is awesome. A bit of advice invest in a radar detector or be very cautious of your speed, you will find yourself going faster than you think.

'04 AWD V6 VUE - For Sale!
'00 SC2 (Former)

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=845871#post845871

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04AWDV6VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04AWDV6VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
04AWDV6VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:41 PM   #11
slowneo
slowneo is on a distinguished road

What color did ya get?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to slowneo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help slowneo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
slowneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:51 PM   #12
Bullet
Bullet is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Thumbs Up Re: Bye bye Binkymobile.....hello, uh, Binkymobile Too

Congrats Binkybaby!

BulleT

79k Miles,FWD,XM radio.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bullet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bullet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 08:47 PM   #13
binkybaby

Hey thankies everyone! ^^ i got one in Pacific Blue, without the sunroof and with the stock 16" rims (yes, i plan on posting them pics soon) That shouldn't come as much of a surprise to those of u who know me as i'm a huge Sonic the Hedgehog fan. Naturally, the first thing i put on was a Sonic sticker like the first Binkymobile. i'm gonna have some fun with this one. i just know i've really gotta slow my roll around here the way cops r with writing tickets! As far as the new stereo is concerned, it's not quite as good as the Pioneer unit in the old BM but it's great for a factory unit. (and it just ITCHES to be replaced by a navigation system!) i don't have an ipod -yet- so i can't say how the ipod interface is. The inside simply knocks my socks off (i know, i don't wear 'em with my Uggs so it's a figurative not literal comment) as it looks more like the interior of a BMW or Cadillac instead of a Saturn. The wheel-mounted volume controls will take some getting used to also as i more than once muted my stereo with my clumsy hands. Yeah, it's like night and day. No more VTi rumble or grinding. In fact, the 3.5 has a low end rumble that almost has a V-8 sound-it certainly performs like a V-8 that's for sure! i could only imagine what a supercharger would do to this thing........

-sXe for life-

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-02-2006, 09:36 AM   #14
GirlWithAVue
GirlWithAVue is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkybaby
In fact, the 3.5 has a low end rumble that almost has a V-8 sound-it certainly performs like a V-8 that's for sure!
I know that rumble. I didn't hear it right away, but when I was sitting at a light one day I heard it. It's quiet, but sounds real tough!

2006 FWD V6 VUE Black/Grey/Chrome

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GirlWithAVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GirlWithAVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GirlWithAVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #15
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

.....I like that rumble too.....sounds like its ready to pounce (heh heh). Also, there isn't much "idle shake" at a red light. Most of the other GM's I have had shudder when you idle with your foot on the brake. .....me happy....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:20 PM   #16
binkybaby

And with as much power is on tap i did a HOOOOOLY POOOOP! when i filled her up for the first time. 25 MPG on the first tank! Simply amazing. Me like muchly. i even got a cover for her so she wouldn't get so dusty at work.......i'm sure ppl think it's funny the way i treat this Vue like it's a Benz.......i'm still thinking of all the fun i'll have.......

-sXe for life-

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-03-2006, 01:44 AM   #17
jdmessner
jdmessner is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

I got the same truck in the same Blue.

That's really funny. I took my '03 Vti in for service as well, and drove off in a new truck instead!

I really need to figure out how to post pictures. I got a cute one of my son wearing a racing helmet in the driver's seat of the new truck.

So far, I adore the refinements of the '06 over the '03. It's nowhere near the same truck. The interior is cleaner, softer, and I really dig the woodgrain appointments as well. It makes it feel like a much more luxurious truck than before.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jdmessner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jdmessner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jdmessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:31 AM   #18
binkybaby

If u have pics on ur PC then u can download them onto the site when u r in the Photos section. Yeah, i have ppl doing a double take all the time. And i need to post pics too!

-sXe for life-

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-05-2006, 02:24 AM   #19
Capt Bruce
Capt Bruce is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L

Congratulations Binky,
Let us know over time how you're enjoying the ride. Enjoy the Vue!
Bruce

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Capt Bruce's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Capt Bruce reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Capt Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote