SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2006, 11:47 AM   #1
Iceberg18
Iceberg18 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default Drove A Sky

Hey folks, I'm usually around in the ION forums, but I thought I had to tell you I drove a Sky yesterady. I have to say it feels quicker than the Solstice, even though it's built at the same plant with the same engine on the same platform, it felt like it had some more umph. Also, the exhaust pitch seems a litter higher than the Solstice, but altogether its a really upscale version of its Pontiac sister. It looks a lot better, I think, too. Basically, it's a Solstice with a different face and tail, different gauges, more upscale trim in the cabin, and a more rectangular shift knob. It's red, Ill post some pictures later this week

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Iceberg18's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Iceberg18 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Iceberg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2006, 12:43 PM   #2
JADEDSL2
JADEDSL2 will become famous soon enough

Location: Sullivan, Missouri, USA, North America, Northern West Hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Left Galactic Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galactic Cluster, Universe

1993 SL2
1991 SL2
Default Re: Drove A Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg18
Hey folks, I'm usually around in the ION forums, but I thought I had to tell you I drove a Sky yesterady. I have to say it feels quicker than the Solstice, even though it's built at the same plant with the same engine on the same platform, it felt like it had some more umph. Also, the exhaust pitch seems a litter higher than the Solstice, but altogether its a really upscale version of its Pontiac sister. It looks a lot better, I think, too. Basically, it's a Solstice with a different face and tail, different gauges, more upscale trim in the cabin, and a more rectangular shift knob. It's red, Ill post some pictures later this week
Somehow, I hate you. Jealousy kicks in.

"1G8ZJ5472MZ134321"-my Jaded, I will never forget.
"1G8ZF5594PZ249184"-Trinity, for three are now one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JADEDSL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JADEDSL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JADEDSL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:09 PM   #3
stormgrey2.4
stormgrey2.4 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

How did you get to drive a car that production starts next week?
I have been in one of the ones that is going around the country but that is not a production model.
Please tell us how you did it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to stormgrey2.4's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help stormgrey2.4 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
stormgrey2.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:00 PM   #4
Iceberg18

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Dad works at the Wilmington Plant here in Delaware. Somehow he swung a deal where he gets it for the week; apparently they need to put some miles on it. Hes brought home a couple different Solstices (Solstei?), and just like the earlier models not everything is fitting right. The hood vents arent staying down all the way, and theres a couple matching faults at the seams, but altogether its a gorgeous car, RED! Its an earlier model, he said they have a lot of em made so far, but all the imperfections havent been worked out yet so theyre not in production, just really close. Last year he even brought home a white C6 for the night, that was outstanding to ride in > sheer power. Trust me, when you see or drive this thing, youll need a bib for all the drooling. It truly is the new generation of Saturn, be prepared.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Iceberg18 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2006, 05:08 PM   #5
JADEDSL2

Location: Sullivan, Missouri, USA, North America, Northern West Hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Left Galactic Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galactic Cluster, Universe

1993 SL2
1991 SL2

Quote:
Dad works at the Wilmington Plant here in Delaware. Somehow he swung a deal where he gets it for the week; apparently they need to put some miles on it. Hes brought home a couple different Solstices (Solstei?), and just like the earlier models not everything is fitting right. The hood vents arent staying down all the way, and theres a couple matching faults at the seams, but altogether its a gorgeous car, RED! Its an earlier model, he said they have a lot of em made so far, but all the imperfections havent been worked out yet so theyre not in production, just really close. Last year he even brought home a white C6 for the night, that was outstanding to ride in > sheer power. Trust me, when you see or drive this thing, youll need a bib for all the drooling. It truly is the new generation of Saturn, be prepared.
And somehow, I still hate you! I wanna Sky!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help JADEDSL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2006, 05:46 PM   #6
DWS
DWS is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

I'm glad my wife does not come on this board......between the Solstice, Sky and concept Camaro, she's making a lot of noise about another ride

'05 Vue-wife's
'03 Z06-my toy
'99 S-10 4x4-the beater

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DWS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DWS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:50 PM   #7
JADEDSL2

1993 SL2
1991 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWS
I'm glad my wife does not come on this board......between the Solstice, Sky and concept Camaro, she's making a lot of noise about another ride
I don't blame her. If ya got the money, spend it! GM is makin' some damn fine cars these days. I'm proud of them. Back in the 90's I almost lost my faith in the General. Almost decided to like someone else. Then I found Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-18-2006, 06:26 PM   #8
DWS
DWS is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

a lot of folks are down on GM, but not me.......GM products have served my family very well

'05 Vue-wife's
'03 Z06-my toy
'99 S-10 4x4-the beater

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DWS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DWS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:02 PM   #9
JADEDSL2

1993 SL2
1991 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWS
a lot of folks are down on GM, but not me.......GM products have served my family very well
Same here. My first was an 84 Silverado, followed by my 91 SL2. My family has always driven GM, except for my mother. She believed in Brand X (ford) for the longest time, until we put her in a Chevy truck. I don't think she'll ever go back.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-18-2006, 08:47 PM   #10
The Math God
Advanced Member
The Math God is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L
2005 VUE 3.5L

I somehow agree with Jaded sl2

I hate you

2007 Vue -- AWD 3.5 Honda
2005 Vue -- AWD 3.5 Honda
2007 Ion 2 -- 2.2
2005 L300 -- 6 cyl

Gone but not forgotten
2003 Vue -- 105K-traded in
2000 LS 2 --140 K-totaled
1994 SL-- 100K-sold

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to The Math God's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help The Math God reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
The Math God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:12 PM   #11
Iceberg18

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Please dont. Save it for Friday when dad and I wash it up, drop the top and hit up south Pennsylvania; the backroads of Landedburg. Its supposed to climb into the 50s and not be as windy. Company gas = the Sky will slurp any amount of gas he presses the pedal to.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-19-2006, 03:01 PM   #12
PontiacLvr
PontiacLvr is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 2.2L

Again...somehow we hate you ... Hey Wilmington is only 8 hrs...I'll be there by 10pm LOL!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PontiacLvr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PontiacLvr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PontiacLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:58 PM   #13
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Please dont. Save it for Friday when dad and I wash it up, drop the top and hit up south Pennsylvania; the backroads of Landedburg. Its supposed to climb into the 50s and not be as windy.
I'll be visiting my Aunt in Aston, PA on Friday... any chance you could swing by her place with it?

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Galileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:12 PM   #14
Iceberg18

2004 ION-2 Sedan

How far is that from Newark Delaware?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-19-2006, 06:26 PM   #15
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Just a little closer than Philadelphia...

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Galileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 04:11 PM   #16
ArmCandy
ArmCandy is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know if this saturn has a feature that would allow you to turn off the air bag in the passenger seat so you could put a child in this car? Thanks! Chrissy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ArmCandy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ArmCandy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ArmCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 05:53 PM   #17
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmCandy
Does anyone know if this saturn has a feature that would allow you to turn off the air bag in the passenger seat so you could put a child in this car? Thanks! Chrissy
It has a passenger airbag deactivation light, but I don't know if it has a separate switch like in pickups and other roadsters allowing manual deactivation. It might, or might become an accessory.
And you would probably know this but never put a rear-facing child seat in the front passenger seat.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:53 PM   #18
SaturnBaby2
SaturnBaby2 is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Quad Coupe
2002 VUE 2.2L

Thats awesome that you got to drive a SKY!

I saw one out on the road here in Clarkston Michigan today!
I wasn't expecting to see it, but it was amazing!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnBaby2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnBaby2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnBaby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:40 PM   #19
JADEDSL2

1993 SL2
1991 SL2

I think I mistakenly started an Iceberg18 hater club! What I really meant by all of it is I'm so jealous I could kill. That's all. Glad SOMEONE gets to drive a Sky early. Just wish it was THIS someone. Oh wait, I'm not legal to drive until April 3. D'oh! I hate this crap.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-20-2006, 11:43 PM   #20
Iceberg18

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Actually, yes, it is possible to enable and disable the passenger airbag in the car, the one I drove currently has the passenger airbag disabled. It lights up on the lower left hand portion of the panel. HOW DO YOU INSERT PICS, FINALLY LOADED MINE UP!?!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!