SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2019, 12:45 PM   #1
stlmusic
stlmusic is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default 2003 fob

Don't expect to find anyone with this setup but it's worth a shot.

I am trying to program a FOB for a 2003 Saturn using the Launch x431 IV and not having any luck. I only had one original FOB left and it was finicky. Got tired of fixing broken solder points so decided to buy 2 new ones online. They are the model LHJ009 which matches the original. Nothing was happening with the new remotes when trying to program so I tested to see if my scan tool was really communicating with the BCM. I tested to see if I could remove all FOB's and that worked. Now the original didn't work as expected. Didn't think that would be an issue as I would just reprogram it, thinking the problem was with the new FOB's. Nope, can't connect any of them now and I'm stuck without an alarm.

Anyone have any experience with the Launch tool and/or programming the remotes for the 2003?

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to stlmusic's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help stlmusic reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
stlmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2019, 03:46 PM   #2
bern
Advanced Member
bern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of light

2006 VUE 3.5L
2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: 2003 fob

The 2003 BCM was not very reliable, when the BCM failed replaced the new BCM was a improved design. The new design BCM is the same as the BCM in 2004-2007 Vues. The replacement BCM Kit include new style fob that is required for the new BCM. The front of the new style fob is Concaved on the lower right side. You may be able to use the scan tool to check the part number of the BCM. Do you know witch BCM you have and if the fob is correct one? I have only used the tech2 to the program key fobs In the Vue. Have used the Launch x431 IV on a Vue before?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bern's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bern reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bern is offline   Reply With Quote