SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2019, 12:39 AM   #1
charger99
charger99 is on a distinguished road

Default 2008 Vue XR Shifter Light replacement

Would anyone have some guidance on replacing the light bulb under the shifter in the center console of a 2008 Vue XR? I have tried going at it from the top by removing the bezel from around the shifter but still can't see much. I am assuming the driver side console panel has to come off but I am not sure how to do this nor if this is really the best method.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to charger99's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help charger99 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
charger99 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2019, 11:28 AM   #2
hudypete1
hudypete1 is a jewel in the roughhudypete1 is a jewel in the roughhudypete1 is a jewel in the rough

2007 ION-3 Sedan
2008 VUE 2.4L
Default Re: 2008 Vue XR Shifter Light replacement

Easiest that I have seen:
  1. On the shifter itself, lower the silver, bottom part of the shifter. It is held in place by two interior latches, one on either side, but you can't see them because they are on the inside of the piece. Gently & firmly, pry down between the silver piece and the knob at the top.
  2. With the bottom piece slide down, loosen the screw on the backside (really the front of the vehicle side) of the knob
  3. Remove the knob
  4. Gently & firmly pry off the surround bezel. I believe that there are 4 clips that hold it iirc. Regardless, it is pretty easy to pry off.
  5. The whole base piece with the light in it is held in place in three areas: left, right and back. In each of those areas there are two clips facing in opposite directions. What I have seen to work best is work on one area at a time, and lever both of those clips so they disengage simultaneously, and then leave that side disengaged while you work on the other ones. I prefer working left, then right, then back.
  6. With all three areas disengaged, the whole base piece will lift up. There are two cables going to it, one for the light and the other I don't remember (maybe it is only attached and runs up the post, I don't recall)
  7. The light twists off 45 degrees one way or the other. I think it loosens left but I don't recall 100% (sorry)

Peter

CURRENT:
08 Vue XE Black 2.4L
07 Ion 3 Savannah Green Metallic 2.4L
04 Ion 2 Berry Red 2.2

PREVIOUS:
99 SL2 Silver Plum
99 SL2 Dark Blue
95 SL2 Lilac Metallic
94 SW2 White

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hudypete1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hudypete1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hudypete1 is offline   Reply With Quote