SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 07:39 PM   #1
sattech
sattech is on a distinguished road

Default VTI vibration when parked on incline

Some of the Vues with VTI transmissions when parked on a slight hill have a vibration. There are new (3rd design) trans mounts to fix this condition.
The bulletin # is 03-07-29-003
The subject line of the bulletin is:
Vibration when parked on an incline( replace front and rear trans mounts)
The bulletin is for '02and'03 Vues built before and including VIN breakpoint 3s851169. After that vin the new mounts are already installed.

The fix is to replace the front and rear trans mounts with the new -latest and greatest- design mounts. The part numbers are
Front trans mount- 22716726
Rear trans mount- 22716366

Be patient with your retailer, this bulletin came out last week

~ If it worked before you messed with it, it must be something you did ~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sattech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sattech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2003, 12:37 PM   #2
gaf3
gaf3 is on a distinguished road

Is this with the engine running? My first reaction was why would a parked car have a vibration, and who would be in it to notice?

Gary

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gaf3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gaf3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-29-2003, 05:12 PM   #3
03VUEAWDVTI
Advanced Member
03VUEAWDVTI is on a distinguished road

That TSB number look alot like the one for the manual tranny shudder. Sure that it's for the VTi?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 03VUEAWDVTI's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 03VUEAWDVTI reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-29-2003, 07:41 PM   #4
sattech
sattech is on a distinguished road

Actually I lied. I just wanted to see if you would go and bother the retailer.
Seriously. Yes, that is the bulletin number
In answer to GAf3's question. Yes it is with the engine running. Turned out on some VTI Vues when the driver put the vehicle in park and let his foot off the brake pedal, before turning off the enginethe wheels would cause the powertrain assy to lean into the mounts if parked on a hill. With a load on the mounts the vehicle would have an excessive vibration

~ If it worked before you messed with it, it must be something you did ~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sattech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sattech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:34 PM   #5
corympak
Advanced Member
corympak is on a distinguished road

Only bad people let go of the brake before yanking the hand brake up!

1-2003 Jeep Rubicon
1-Bubble Blowing Lawn Mower

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to corympak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help corympak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:51 PM   #6
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

I've felt it on new ones before at work... very noticable when on a hill.
~D.J.~

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-30-2003, 07:29 AM   #7
ATLVue
ATLVue is on a distinguished road

Happens on mine all the time. Thanks for the info. I already talked to the dealer and am bringing it in next week.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ATLVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ATLVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-01-2003, 01:02 AM   #8
Beautiful VUE
Beautiful VUE is on a distinguished road

I get this a lot as well - infact, I just found out that I don't have to have it in park for it to do it. The same thing happened to me the other day when I found myself at a stop sign at the bottom of a hill . . . it was the same vibration as if I was parking on even a slight incline.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Beautiful VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Beautiful VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-01-2003, 08:16 AM   #9
mr weather
mr weather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by corympak
Only bad people let go of the brake before yanking the hand brake up!
Yeah I've learned the habit of applying the parking brake before taking my foot of the regular brakes. Helps to ease the strain on the parking pawl.

And don't forget: when parking uphill turn your wheels away from the curb; when parking downhill turn them towards the curb!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mr weather's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mr weather reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-01-2003, 03:18 PM   #10
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

That's interesting. Actually on hill driving with VTi, will it hold the gear ratio or hold the engine peak torque rpm for optimal climbing speed?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-01-2003, 03:59 PM   #11
Beautiful VUE

I have developed some problems with hills recently - I mentioned it somewhere else but I can't remember where.

On my way home from work I have to stop and turn on to a road that starts off inclined. I can't maintain rpms - acceleration is not fluid - and it shudders a lot like the infamous 65mph virbration. It only happens after I have been driving for atleast 30 min. And the speed limit on that road is like 25 mph, so it's not like I am really pushing it or anything. I guess what worries me the most is that it didn't use to do it.

I'm due for a check up in a week or so anyway. I'll pester them about it then.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Beautiful VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-01-2003, 07:53 PM   #12
JChambors
JChambors is on a distinguished road

I just noticed the same problem for the first time today. I was driving on some moderate hills in stop-and-go rush hour traffic. When I had to start slowly up a hill, instead of nice smooth acceleration I got shuddering and grinding noises instead. The VUE was bucking like a manual tranny in too high a gear. I wonder if this has anything to do with the latest VTi software update. The shuddering at 62 mph is gone, but the engine seems to be operating at lower rpm's than before. The rpm drops to ~1500 at steady speeds around 30 mph. I thought it was my imagination. Maybe not.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JChambors's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JChambors reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-02-2003, 12:07 PM   #13
Beautiful VUE

I haven't had the update yet.
But it does sound the same.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-05-2003, 02:27 PM   #14
ATLVue
ATLVue is on a distinguished road

I just had the new trans mounts installed today. My dealer had the parts and new of the bulliten when I showed them this post.

What's funny is that they still do not have the TCM software update, but they had the parts for this fix.

Anyway, I suggest getting these new mounts installed. It may be my imagination but I think they do more than fix the incline hill shuddering problem. My ride seems more stable all around.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ATLVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ATLVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread