SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2019, 08:58 AM   #1
Sheepish
Sheepish is on a distinguished road

Default 2008 Vue XE

Hello, I'm thinking of purchasing a used XE for my daughters first car. it has 127k miles on it and the body has no rust, there's some underneath but I'm going to scrape and coat that with rust inhibitor if we end up getting it.

drives nice, it's the 2.4 FWD but it looks like the transmission is inconvenient to swap fluids on since no dipstick, and this will be the first car that I've changed the oil and had a non one piece filter to replace.

The only thing I noticed was the trac control light was on and I asked about it and the salesman wrote back and says it goes on and off normally (with switch). I'll probably take it for another spin before putting more than the deposit I put down on it, to see if that light comes back on.

is that problematic? could it be a wheel sensor tied to a bearing?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sheepish's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sheepish reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sheepish is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2019, 08:36 PM   #2
oreocookie
oreocookie is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2008 Vue XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepish View Post
Hello, I'm thinking of purchasing a used XE for my daughters first car. it has 127k miles on it and the body has no rust, there's some underneath but I'm going to scrape and coat that with rust inhibitor if we end up getting it.

drives nice, it's the 2.4 FWD but it looks like the transmission is inconvenient to swap fluids on since no dipstick, and this will be the first car that I've changed the oil and had a non one piece filter to replace.

The only thing I noticed was the trac control light was on and I asked about it and the salesman wrote back and says it goes on and off normally (with switch). I'll probably take it for another spin before putting more than the deposit I put down on it, to see if that light comes back on.

is that problematic? could it be a wheel sensor tied to a bearing?
i have 08 3.5 xe vue awd. had the same problem. changed the bearing. but the light kept coming on. got a scan tool- it was steering wheel position sensor. easy to relearn it.
whats the asking price$

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oreocookie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oreocookie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oreocookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:57 AM   #3
Sheepish

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreocookie View Post
i have 08 3.5 xe vue awd. had the same problem. changed the bearing. but the light kept coming on. got a scan tool- it was steering wheel position sensor. easy to relearn it.
whats the asking price$
they were asking 3900. seems a fair deal.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Sheepish reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-14-2019, 08:57 PM   #4
oreocookie
oreocookie is on a distinguished road

selling my 08 vue with 179km/111mi for $3600 cad

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oreocookie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oreocookie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oreocookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:13 PM   #5
Sheepish

I ended up getting it. real nice car bit of rust underneath but I'm under there painting it all up with the rust inhibitor which makes it look nice and black and glossy.

I'm surprised how roomy these are. the wife and I drive escapes and thought it was similar but it's really a touch bigger/wider than those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-24-2019, 09:14 AM   #6
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

Hope you enjoy your vue. Those seemed to be very good vehicles pretty much an Americanized opel. Lived on as a Chevy captiva til I believe 2015.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:07 AM   #7
Sheepish

I only have one concern. there appears to be 'bumpers' inside the rear springs and one of them has fallen off/rusted off.

are those that big of a concern?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-21-2019, 10:00 PM   #8
TheEagle
TheEagle is on a distinguished road

I never had a traction control or ABS light come on...then I put new tires on the car and both lights came on and stay on. idk

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TheEagle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TheEagle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TheEagle is offline   Reply With Quote