SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2008, 01:09 PM   #41
cloud819
Master Member
cloud819 will become famous soon enough

2001 SC2
Default Re: '01 Speed Chip and Speed Boost? (from eBay)

*****, after seeing that I need to sell my SC2. If I could get $12K for it I would. Anyone interested? It is a 2001 with just about every bolton. It is an ironed out autocross car and wins regularly in STS competition. It has 80K miles on it, 500 miles on the Agility Coilovers. 3K miles o nthe OEM replacement clutch. Way too many mods to list them all. It includes 3 sets of rims are tires and lots of spares and uninstalled upgrades. It has never been on girls gone wild, but there have been boobs pressed against its windows.

If I can sell it I'd buy an MR-2 Spyder and pocket the difference.

Oh wait I'm pretty sure my sponsoer would be upswet if I sold the car since I signed up with them for the whole year. Ok so it can be up for sale in December 2008.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cloud819's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cloud819 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cloud819 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2008, 10:01 AM   #42
resullivan
resullivan is on a distinguished road

lol here are some pictures of this guy.

OMG, this is hilarious,

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~rajat...0-%20Rajat.wmv

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to resullivan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help resullivan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
resullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:46 PM   #43
cloud819
Master Member

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by resullivan View Post
lol here are some pictures of this guy.
And all this maters how? I certainly don't hope you aren't judging him on anything other then what he has said or shown us, because that is not reasonable. It maters not what people look like, sound like or where they are from on a forum. It is all about expressing ideas.

Most of us already find the car that he is trying to sell a bit silly at the price he is asking. We also think that many of the "modifications" the he had done to the car a fictional or the poor guy got ripped off and he doesn't know it.

I'm certain he does know what has been done to the car, realizes how little it is actually worth and is trying to upsale it. I think there is is a lot BSing going on and it shows. Anyone that falls for it is 100% stupid.

This guy is pushing his trustworthyness. This is a very bad game to play when you link your name to less than honest repesentation. In the computer industry, a quick Google of someones name can pay off a lot. People hiring employess are using Google to find out about an possible employee's prospects. I don't think that this will be a good thing to have hanging around.

This guy is a kid. People that young, no mater where they are from, like to fool themselves; Much like every week we have to talk a teen-to-early 20's, SOHC driver into leaving there car alone or we have to tell people that their Saturn will never be fast unless the do some really power mods. This kid is out of touch and really no harm, I say we correct him (which we have done) and laugh at his attempt to oversell and make **** up.

If I said something stupid online the last thing I'd want someone to do is find pictures of me and post them up. Let's play nice. Forums are about ideas, keep your posts only on what he has said.

Message to Rajat:
Be realistic, don't oversell your car. Turn the BS generator down a bit; We collectively know a lot more than you about these cars and lot's of us work in the computer industry. Try not to use your real name online. And most of all, play games of dishonesty, especially when your real name is tied to it.

You are a kid, and I think you are a bright one. But you should assume that people are just as smart or even smarter than you. People that are smarter than you always exist and that a more then happy to poke hole in a BS baloon.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help cloud819 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #44
resullivan
resullivan is on a distinguished road

# 1 he is not a kid. He graduated HS in 2005 so he is 19-21. I know to you that might be young but do not try to act like I am posting pictures of a juvenille.

# 2 did you watch that video? He talks about how cool it is that he can boss around servents and how he was supposedly hired by a "Hacking" company. Sounds like a real winner to me.

# 3 he listed the same car on craigslist but has since removed it for $16k.

Please get off your high horse. This guy made several statements on his ebay add that, in all likely hood, are completely false. I did nothing more than go to the site listed under the auction, go to the lower directory (which this genius computer guy does not restrict from viewing the files in it) and found some pictures HE put on there. I did not sneak to his house and take pictures of him without his knowledge and post them on the internet. HE put them on an unrestricted site.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to resullivan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help resullivan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
resullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #45
cloud819
Master Member

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by resullivan View Post
# 1 he is not a kid. He graduated HS in 2005 so he is 19-21. I know to you that might be young but do not try to act like I am posting pictures of a juvenille.

# 2 did you watch that video? He talks about how cool it is that he can boss around servents and how he was supposedly hired by a "Hacking" company. Sounds like a real winner to me.

# 3 he listed the same car on craigslist but has since removed it for $16k.

Please get off your high horse. This guy made several statements on his ebay add that, in all likely hood, are completely false. I did nothing more than go to the site listed under the auction, go to the lower directory (which this genius computer guy does not restrict from viewing the files in it) and found some pictures HE put on there. I did not sneak to his house and take pictures of him without his knowledge and post them on the internet. HE put them on an unrestricted site.
And what exactly do they bring to the discussion? Nothing. It isn't a high horse, call it a maturity pony. I just don't see the relevance of pictures of him. Yeah, you aren't posting pics of a juvenile, but why do you need to post pics anyway? We are all dorks. All of us have pictures others could see as dorky and they are to people we don't know. With an objective mind, he looks to be a fun loving guy with a fair number of friends. So you point of putting pictures up was what again?

I don't see what pictures of him brings to the table. If you care to explain, perhaps you have some greater insight on how pictures of him will somehow bring this discussion to a close? Do these pictures prove he is lying?

As I said, if I said something dumb, I would find someone finding pictures of me and posting them on a forum pointless and an attempt to be mean. My picture wouldn't be of relevance. It would just be an immature action, what would it matter what I looked like? All I gained from your addition was that this guy looks a lot like a guy that I raced with last season. I still think he is BSing, now I just know he looks a lot like my friend. Again what did that add?

The server isn't his and he probably isn't trying to hide the pictures. People tend to put pictures up so others will see them. Just because they are in his folders on that server and he doesn't have it on that site doesn't mean he is trying to hide them. He could be using them somewhere else. There are any number of possiblities.

I don't make a habit of questioning anyones hacking abilities; I keep my thoughts on other peoples "hacking" skills to myself for professional reasons.

19-21 is a kid. Maybe not be a little kid, but most people still don't have a full grasp of the world at that age. I know I didn't. People in their late teens to early 20's have little to be responsible for. There are some people that are forced to be full adults by that age, but not many. This guy is a kid and that's Ok. In fact that is great. I would gladly have some of my late teens to early 20's back. I'd love to trade the silly problems I had back then for the things I deal with now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-23-2008, 02:15 AM   #46
myolbug
Advanced Member
myolbug will become famous soon enough

1998 SC2

Well said!

If it is OK to disarm law abiding citizens to reduce crime, then it stands to reason to disarm the military to prevent war!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to myolbug's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help myolbug reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
myolbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #47
POS
POS is on a distinguished road

2001 SL
Default Re: '01 Speed Butt Chip Chunks Boost? (from eBay)

Hey !!!! Does anyone know where I can get a chair like Docktor Evil has in Movie The Spy Who Shagged me ???? Thanks !!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to POS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help POS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
POS is offline   Reply With Quote