SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2008, 07:23 PM   #21
Tom92SCm
Master Member
Tom92SCm has a spectacular aura aboutTom92SCm has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: '01 Speed Chip and Speed Boost? (from eBay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed_One View Post
^^

So your saying with a Cold Air Intake, and Exhaust and this "computer modification" your getting 180hp?

I find that pretty hard to believe.
I've seen tons of Saturn's fully modified, shaved head, fully ported and polished, CAI and full exhaust with header and only put out slightly above 200hp!
On a non-boosted or sprayed Saturn, I don't think I've ever seen much north of 150 hp at the wheels.

Not a Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tom92SCm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tom92SCm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tom92SCm is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #22
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed_One View Post
^^

So your saying with a Cold Air Intake, and Exhaust and this "computer modification" your getting 180hp?

I find that pretty hard to believe.
I've seen tons of Saturn's fully modified, shaved head, fully ported and polished, CAI and full exhaust with header and only put out slightly above 200hp!
Since we all know the "computer tuning" is bogus, all he has is an intake and a muffler. Stock, its 124hp at the crank with a 20% decrease to drivetrain loss. I'd say he putting about 105hp to the ground.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 SC2
-2001 Limited Edition SC2 (#78)
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #23
rtandon87
rtandon87 is on a distinguished road

Attention Re: '01 Speed Chip and Speed Boost? (from eBay)

Well, as I said, I do agree I paid more than I should have for all the mods to my car. But, I really think that the professionals who worked on programming the computer of my car knew what they were doing. I know a lot of my friends who got their car programmed by them in London. Even for our professional races, these guys were appointed for a lot of different tuning.. and yes, I do claim that this thing is pulling close to 180hp... (The last time we tested it.)

If you would like to... please come and take a test drive and you'll know that this car does not drive like any other Saturn that you see on the road everyday..

Regards..
Rajat

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rtandon87's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rtandon87 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rtandon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:16 PM   #24
deadmeat3344
deadmeat3344 is on a distinguished road

1991 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
Well, as I said, I do agree I paid more than I should have for all the mods to my car. But, I really think that the professionals who worked on programming the computer of my car knew what they were doing. I know a lot of my friends who got their car programmed by them in London. Even for our professional races, these guys were appointed for a lot of different tuning.. and yes, I do claim that this thing is pulling close to 180hp... (The last time we tested it.)

If you would like to... please come and take a test drive and you'll know that this car does not drive like any other Saturn that you see on the road everyday..

Regards..
Rajat

lol..............

Saturns are slow

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to deadmeat3344's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help deadmeat3344 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
deadmeat3344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:05 PM   #25
VQ30toLL0
VQ30toLL0 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2
Default Re: From The Seller Of This Car...

Quote:
Hi guys..

My name is Raj and I am the one who has this car posted on eBay.
Actually I just received a message and that guy pointed me to this link here and I found so many people discussing about my car...
WOW. That was really surprising to see that this many people are actually talking about it..

Well, to cut it short.. after reading to all your posts.. I really have started to believe as one of the members say..."I really got ripped" Maybe I shouldn't have put this much money into the car.
Well, I have always loved this car so much since I got it and always wanted to make it special.. So, I just kept on customizing it more and more.. to make it better. Personally, I do not have any knowledge about how to work on the cars myself and so, I paid all that money for these things.

Trust me... I'm being honest here. I have no reason to lie. I really spent that cash to make it what it is today and ya, I do realize that I maybe shouldn't have.. But, can't change it anymore..!!

Well, by driving the car myself, I can personally say.. it drives really really nice.. a lot better than so many cars I've driven.. I do my very best to maintain the car.. I get it washed 3 times a week and waxed every other week.. I really have maintained the car very well.. If you'll look at it, I am sure you can at least tell that.

I just want to sell this car as I have a very good offer for my next car and so, hoping to get some good money for it that I can invest towards my next car. I do realize that I would probably not get what I'm asking for... Hopefully, someone gets a chance to come look at my car and tell me what do they think that the car is really worth..

Thank you so much guys..

Rajat
come to FL I'll give you a ride in my fully built maxima, I'll show you what you spent on that car could've done for you if spent correctly(In fact with what you spent I turned the maxima into a Unibody structure, custom LCAs, Full coilover suspension, custom tie rods, ES bushings, LTB, FSTB, RSB, RSTB and all sorts of engine bolt ons), actually come to FL in 2 years when my SL2 is a fully built track car, I'll show you what a nice ride is and have spent just maybe 1.5 times what you did.

Please don't tell people that you gained 80 hp from just an intake and ricer muffler install with flex piping

Last edited by VQ30toLL0; 02-11-2008 at 10:11 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VQ30toLL0's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VQ30toLL0 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VQ30toLL0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:40 AM   #26
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom92SCm View Post
On a non-boosted or sprayed Saturn, I don't think I've ever seen much north of 150 hp at the wheels.
At the wheels yeah, I was just talking about at the crank
But I think it was done matmatically, not sure on the acutal dyno

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Disturbed_One's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Disturbed_One reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Disturbed_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:43 AM   #27
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2

Quote:
But, I really think that the professionals who worked on programming the computer of my car knew what they were doing.
Who are these professionals? Names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers?

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-12-2008, 01:13 AM   #28
Cat Fuzz
Cat Fuzz is on a distinguished road

1992 SL2

All that carpola about the GPS being specially programmed is BS. The GPS is only as good as the satellite info it gets. Individual GPS don't have information they only translate the information. No wires? Wow, you had someone run the power wire up into your headliner or something.

Cut the crap dude. You're asking way too much for the car and your BS ad is over the top. Take it down a few notches. That car is worth, maybe, $5000 if you found a sucker to buy it.

And, just what the heck is a 'speed boost on its third shift'?

03 GMC Envoy XL
99 Isuzu Rodeo V-6, 4WD, Rebuilt 3.2L with 3.5L internals
63 Mercury Comet Convertible

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cat Fuzz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cat Fuzz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cat Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:47 AM   #29
rtandon87
rtandon87 is on a distinguished road

Your knowledge about computers is obviously very limited..
Well, all the programming to the GPS was personally done by me and so, I can defend that in every way..
Let me explain this to you... Obviously you knowledge about GPS only goes uptill its chasis..

Actually, a GPS has a Windows CE operating system in it. Lets say to my previous GPS, Mio C310x, after the complete hack patch is applied you can actually get your GPS to run like a computer. You set the correct screen resolution and you can actually get to see a desktop with a start button and everything. I completely changed that GPS to a fully functional handheld device.. in which I had a TCPMP media player running as well that I could use to watch almost any video or audio format and so, just to make it clear.. a GPS's interface is just like a shell.. Still embedded underneath it lies an operating system that could be made fully functional..

You are right that the GPS gets its signal from the antenna.. that locates for the GPS the latitude and longitude of its current location.. and the location you want to go to. All the points of interest i.e. the POI's are stores in the database of the GPS.. for MIO its igo.db. But, it depends on the GPS's capability to calculate the fastest or the shortest route.. In the settings of your GPS when you chose, fastest or shortest or most economical... all that does actually is tell the GPS what algorithm to use for path routing.. So, by modifying that algorithm, we've made this GPS be more efficient and accurate and also, added tons of POI's to its database..

Hope it makes more sense to you now..

In future, please don't post comment or talk about a technology that you don't have your expertise in.. Its truly said.. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing..!!

Regards..
Rajat

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rtandon87's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rtandon87 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rtandon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #30
Keeter
Keeter is on a distinguished road

1999 SL1

180hp with a CAI, a "speed chip", and a muffler(not an actual exhaust), and the ecu programed is probably... no, no, extremely unlikely. I've got a CAI, and a high flow muffler(not a full exhaust) and I'm lucky if I net 5hp after a fresh oil change. That would mean he would have to be pulling 50hp out of his so called "speed chip" and ecu program. Doubtful. Maybe if he was running N2O with all of that, sure, but without

And if he is putting down that much power to the ground why not do something to the suspension. Stock supension on stock wheels+180hp= afree ride to curb with all the sliding that would be going on. No real way to plant all that power.

I wouldn't want "all that power" and no way to keep it under control.

That's my opinion,
Keeter

Last edited by Keeter; 02-12-2008 at 09:06 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Keeter's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Keeter reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Keeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #31
Low Saturn

2000 SC2

Quote:
Well, all the programming to the GPS was personally done by me and so, I can defend that in every way..
Let me explain this to you... Obviously you knowledge about GPS only goes uptill its chasis..

Actually, a GPS has a Windows CE operating system in it. Lets say to my previous GPS, Mio C310x, after the complete hack patch is applied you can actually get your GPS to run like a computer. You set the correct screen resolution and you can actually get to see a desktop with a start button and everything. I completely changed that GPS to a fully functional handheld device.. in which I had a TCPMP media player running as well that I could use to watch almost any video or audio format and so, just to make it clear.. a GPS's interface is just like a shell.. Still embedded underneath it lies an operating system that could be made fully functional..

You are right that the GPS gets its signal from the antenna.. that locates for the GPS the latitude and longitude of its current location.. and the location you want to go to. All the points of interest i.e. the POI's are stores in the database of the GPS.. for MIO its igo.db. But, it depends on the GPS's capability to calculate the fastest or the shortest route.. In the settings of your GPS when you chose, fastest or shortest or most economical... all that does actually is tell the GPS what algorithm to use for path routing.. So, by modifying that algorithm, we've made this GPS be more efficient and accurate and also, added tons of POI's to its database..

In future, please don't post comment or talk about a technology that you don't have your expertise in.. Its truly said.. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing..!!

Regards..
Rajat

Dude, just stop. Stop now before you make a bigger fool of yourself. And in the very unlikely event of what you say is remotely true, the thing is suction cupped to your windshield. Why would you sell it with the car? It adds nothing to the value. In fact it takes away from the value because you've tampered with it.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #32
VQ30toLL0
VQ30toLL0 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

Quote:

Regards..
Rajat
Do not go there, honestly just don't go there, I work for AMD, as a Hardware Research and Development Design of new chips that are decades ahead of the so-called technology in your car.

Learn from Nick Sitko's mistakes, don't talk anymore, there are guys on these forums that have been doing for more years then you have been born.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VQ30toLL0's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VQ30toLL0 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VQ30toLL0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:36 AM   #33
Tom92SCm
Master Member
Tom92SCm has a spectacular aura aboutTom92SCm has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 2.2L

rtandon87,

you got called out hard core on your for sale ad by a group of Saturn junkies who know more about the ins and outs of a Saturn than you seem to know about GPS and electronic programming. Attaching "sentimental" value to your car doesn't get you very far.

And yes, you were taken to the cleaners if you spent $14,000 on mods to that Saturn.

Not a Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tom92SCm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tom92SCm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tom92SCm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:22 AM   #34
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Fuzz View Post
Individual GPS don't have information they only translate the information.
Um, wrong. Maps, waypoints, points of interest, tracks, etc. are all either "keyed" into the unit, or downloaded into its memory from a computer. Try turning on a GPS in a place that can't get adequate satellite signals to locate. All the streets, POIs, etc. are still there. Conversely, if your GPS has its maps, etc. on a removable memory card (like mine), remove the card, and see if all your street info, etc. comes down from the satellites.

But you gotta admit, all the hooey about reprogramming the PCM (note the seller never even called it a "PCM"....) has been wildly entertaining.

Oh, and you can see a wire hanging behind the GPS, and another one going from the HVAC control area to the floor console. Is that a heated cup holder or something? Maybe that's the $12,000 investment.....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #35
deadmeat3344
deadmeat3344 is on a distinguished road

1991 SL2

You guys are mean. Let the ricer think he spent his money well

or not

Saturns are slow

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to deadmeat3344's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help deadmeat3344 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
deadmeat3344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:02 PM   #36
CKyAlliance07
Advanced Member
CKyAlliance07 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
1994 SL2

I lol'd.

I sold my SL2 as of 6/08 :(

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CKyAlliance07's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CKyAlliance07 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CKyAlliance07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:08 AM   #37
THE OUTLAW CODY
THE OUTLAW CODY is on a distinguished road

he is running megasquirt lol. its wired in to his gps, subwoofer, heated cup holder, and body kit for max 3rd gear boost. he also has nos...2 of the big ones. it was on girls gone wild so it has the herpes. he spent 10k on herpes medicine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to THE OUTLAW CODY's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help THE OUTLAW CODY reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
THE OUTLAW CODY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:01 PM   #38
Cat Fuzz

1992 SL2

Yeah, well, I still want to know what 'speed boost on its third shift' means.

That would explain why of two GPS's of the same brand one`would be stupid and the other one not so much. We have many GPS's at work and I had one running me in circles looking for an address. Then, it would tell me to go right, then change its mind when I'm way over in the right lane already to tell me to go left instead. Then sometimes I would be following its directions, make the turn it wants, then it would say I went off-route 'recalculating'. Then, if I purposely went off-route because there was a reason not to go that way, it would nag me incessantly to get back on the route it wants instead of creating a new route based on the new street I was on.

03 GMC Envoy XL

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Cat Fuzz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-19-2008, 01:36 PM   #39
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE OUTLAW CODY View Post
it was on girls gone wild so it has the herpes....
I hope the seats are ScotchGuarded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Fuzz View Post
Yeah, well, I still want to know what 'speed boost on its third shift' means.
I think it's a reference to the time of day the seller works, and what he does to keep from falling asleep on the job....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:03 AM   #40
Cat Fuzz

1992 SL2

OIC, it has nothing to do with the car. He's just slamming Red Bulls to keep awake on the graveyard shift!

03 GMC Envoy XL

REWARD EXCELLENCE!