SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2006, 10:48 PM   #1
99GT01SC1
99GT01SC1 is on a distinguished road

Default '01 SC1 Performance

Hey guys, I recently purchased a '01 SC1 with 69K.

It was female 1 owner owned.

She put on a CAI, some type of Hi-Po Muffler (that sounds pretty sweet), and then some visuals such as white face guages, and some hot chrome windshield wipers.

I don't know much about these cars, other than they are pretty peppy for a 1.9L I4.

What kind of numbers/times do these cars produce stock, and what kind of increased do you think I have over stock with my mods?

(one last thing,, what are some cars I can take out if i were to ever feel the urge to line up with something?)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 99GT01SC1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 99GT01SC1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
99GT01SC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #2
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

Wrench Re: '01 SC1 Performance

a stock 2001 SC1 makes 100 hp. with a AEM cold air intake and Thermal RD cat-back exhaust you may have an added 10-12 hp. S3 (Speed Style Sound) magazine tested a 2001 SC1 before and after those mods and that's approximately the increase in power they got.

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eRic 02sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:05 PM   #3
quiksc2
Master Member
quiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: '01 SC1 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRic 02sc2 View Post
a stock 2001 SC1 makes 100 hp. with a AEM cold air intake and Thermal RD cat-back exhaust you may have an added 10-12 hp. S3 (Speed Style Sound) magazine tested a 2001 SC1 before and after those mods and that's approximately the increase in power they got.
That much? Everyone on here says you're lucky to get that much out of those mods on a DOHC.

If I wanted ride quality, I would drive a Cadillac. If I wanted to be a sheep, I would drive something that says Vtec on the side of it...
DCS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to quiksc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help quiksc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
quiksc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:09 PM   #4
quiksc2
Master Member
quiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GT01SC1 View Post
Hey guys, I recently purchased a '01 SC1 with 69K.

It was female 1 owner owned.

She put on a CAI, some type of Hi-Po Muffler (that sounds pretty sweet), and then some visuals such as white face guages, and some hot chrome windshield wipers.

I don't know much about these cars, other than they are pretty peppy for a 1.9L I4.

What kind of numbers/times do these cars produce stock, and what kind of increased do you think I have over stock with my mods?

(one last thing,, what are some cars I can take out if i were to ever feel the urge to line up with something?)
Here is a link to a thread with lots of other helpful links. There's a lot of info on here for newbies, and some cool sites. One site has a quarter mile calculator. You plug in your estimated hp, and vehicle weight, and it gives you an estimated quarter mile time. Plug in the info for other cars, and you can get an idea what you can beat and what you can't. There are differences between transmissions, and driving skill, so it's not 100%, but it will give you an idea.

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88917

If I wanted ride quality, I would drive a Cadillac. If I wanted to be a sheep, I would drive something that says Vtec on the side of it...
DCS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help quiksc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:17 PM   #5
99GT01SC1
99GT01SC1 is on a distinguished road

Yea, I know the cars are'nt meant to be fast.

My friends got a '99 Mustang GT with some mods,, I know he'll molest me unmercilessly, so i've decided not to even bother, but i was just interested in some HP numbers...

thanks,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 99GT01SC1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 99GT01SC1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
99GT01SC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:19 PM   #6
quiksc2
Master Member

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:

My friends got a '99 Mustang GT with some mods,, I know he'll molest me unmercilessly, so i've decided not to even bother, but i was just interested in some HP numbers...

thanks,
The hp to weight ratio with our cars is better than a lot of other cars, so even if it's just 10hp increase, it makes a lot more difference than 10hp in a Mustang.

DCS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-05-2006, 02:56 AM   #7
xupthree60
Master Member
xupthree60 is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:

thanks,
actualy if u do some suspension mods (all u would need is the rear sway bar from a dohc really) u would be able to be really close to him on the auto cross track.

i have the dohc (but handling matters more than power) and at my very first auto-x i got 2nd by 0.108 to a 06 mustang gt driven by a pro stock-car driver. 3rd place, who i beet by 0.8 was a 500hp 300zx. only mods i had at the time was a sri and front and rear strutbars (on struts and springs with 175k on them lol)

3x CFR SCCA autocross champion with a 95 SL2 & 98 SC2

Currently own a 02 L200 with no plans to mod.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to xupthree60's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help xupthree60 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
xupthree60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:13 AM   #8
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:

thanks,
Yeah, with a SOHC be happy with what you got. The DOHC starts off much better (124hp) and has more room for improvment. I've got an '02 SC1, and all I did was a K&N drop-in, because I always do, and a Dynomax muffler for deeper sound. The rest of my mods were for looks mostly, althugh with the wheels/tires, and Eibach springs, handling was improved too.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote