SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2005, 12:40 AM   #1
LicPl8Man
LicPl8Man is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-2 Sedan
Mad %#@&! Circuit City!!!

OK, this is messed up. I just had a new stereo system installed in my SL2 at the local Circuit City. The bozos in the in-shop garage somehow managed to break my passenger door when putting in the speakers so it wouldn't open from the inside. That took me 2 hrs to fix, most of that time spent wrestling the little wire thingy back onto the handle. Although this is bad, thats not the problem I'm having now. My driver side front door panel now rattles something terrible, especially when the stereo is on. Every time I hit a bump in the road, it sounds like something is loose in there. The new speaker is fine, and doesnt sound distorted or anything. I took the door panel off to make sure everything was tight inside, and everything was, so I put it back together...still bad rattling. It sounds like it is coming from around the middle of the door, mostly around the handle. Its only the drivers door, the passenger side doesnt rattle at all. This wasn't happening until I let the guys at the store put in my speakers...Is there anything I can do to reduce or get rid of this rattling? Its really annoying

2003 Ion 2 Sedan
2012 Kia Sorento
2011 Hyundai Sonata (the gf's)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LicPl8Man's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LicPl8Man reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LicPl8Man is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2005, 12:43 AM   #2
SaturnTech
SaturnTech is on a distinguished road

Default Re: %#@&! Circuit City!!!

Is the screw for the door pull installed? All of the retaining clips present on the door panel itself? You don't say what year your car is, but if any of the plastic clips got broken (very common and easy to do) when disassembling and they weren't replaced, it'll make noise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnTech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnTech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:47 AM   #3
LicPl8Man

2003 ION-2 Sedan

Thanks for the quick response! All 4 screws were in place, and it didnt look like any of the clips on the panel got broken off, however, I noticed that there was a little hole on the door itself that looked like it should have a clip go in it, but didnt see a clip on the panel. But, like I said, nothing looked like it was broken off on the back of the panel, however. Oh yeah, my car is a '97 SL2.

2003 Ion 2 Sedan
2012 Kia Sorento

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help LicPl8Man reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-15-2005, 01:08 AM   #4
canadian92sl1
canadian92sl1 is on a distinguished road

1992 SL1

Good way is to go back there and give the owner/manager a piece of your mind and demand it be fixed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to canadian92sl1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help canadian92sl1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
canadian92sl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:51 AM   #5
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2

For the rattle, remove the outer door panel and check the metal rods. The ones that connect the lock and handle to the latch. There are clips in a couple spots the hold them in place close to the door frame. If they unsnap from the fastener, they'll rattle.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:03 PM   #6
1995 SC2
1995 SC2 is on a distinguished road

Post Re: %#@&! Circuit City!!!

Sorry to hear about your Stereo troubles! This is why I stay with the Stock System! To me it sounds Great and will last a long time!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1995 SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1995 SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1995 SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:58 PM   #7
Gottofried
Gottofried is on a distinguished road

or you could do it yourself, so its done right. i've heard horror stories about circut city, how they let speaker wire hang down from the bottom of the car. first off why would they put the wire under the car??? idiots i say. good luck getting it fixed, give em he!!

1997 SC2......could this car be any cooler??? answer NO! It puts Honda to shame...for shame Honda for shame......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gottofried's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gottofried reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gottofried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 02:33 PM   #8
sickcallawayc12
sickcallawayc12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995 SC2
Sorry to hear about your Stereo troubles! This is why I stay with the Stock System! To me it sounds Great and will last a long time!
aftermarket will last MUCH longer and his mistake was taking it to circuit city in the first place not purchasing the speakers in the first place.
Lic, circuit city sucks. they have a decent selection but are generally more expensive than best buy and even radio shack sometimes. the next time you need stereo stuff, ask for how-to's here or order from www.crutchfield.com. whatever you do, do it yourself. this is the one thing about cars ANYONE can do. Installing speakers isn't hard, it's a PITA to get the panel back on and will take a little longer if you have power windows. but please, DIY.

1998 Chevrolet Blazer LT
all stock for now (nothin' wrong with that either)

I'll miss my Saturn, from the AEM CAI to the rear main oil seal leaks to the giant APC stickers on the side (sarcasm)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sickcallawayc12's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sickcallawayc12 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sickcallawayc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 02:59 PM   #9
Token
Advanced Member
Token is on a distinguished road

1994 SW2

Installing speakers, receiver, subwoofer, or even an amplifier is really not that difficult. In fact most of the receivers that are on the market today have step by step instructions.
I hope that your dilemma has steered you into the direction that next time you might want to try and do it yourself. It's alot better than having some zit-faced punk that doesn't have much experience, working on your car. There are lots of great reasons why you should try and do it yourself. For one, it builds character. Two, when something is ratteling around in your door you might have a good idea what it is.
I don't mean to come off as condescending. But I've heard your horror story way too many times from all kinds of people.

"Some days your the dog, some days your the hydrant."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Token's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Token reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 03:10 PM   #10
cazzylee
Advanced Member
cazzylee is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1
2005 VUE 3.5L

Don't forget the dynamat. That should be a requirement in all saturns...

Madness takes it's toll: Please have exact change.
SES light + unplugged sensor = testicle ownage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cazzylee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cazzylee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cazzylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 03:23 PM   #11
LicPl8Man

2003 ION-2 Sedan

I found the problems!

Low Saturn was on the right track...the rod the connects the inner door handle to the latch was VERY loose. There was a clip hidden in the door that I missed and the rod had popped off of it and was jiggling around in the door. The other problem proves how inept Circuit City is, though. I found one of their screwdrivers sitting INSIDE the door! I only discovered that when the power window hit it going down and I saw it move with the panel off. That explains the loose/banging noise I heard when going over a bump.

The original plan was for me and my dad to put the head unit and speakers in ourselves, but Circuit City wouldn't sell the installation kit for the head unit or any of the wiring harnesses because "it is the holidays". The only way to get those parts was to let them do it. Never again will I let them touch my car.

Thanks to everyone who responded! This site is great and has helped me solve many problems with my car!

2003 Ion 2 Sedan
2012 Kia Sorento

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-15-2005, 05:46 PM   #12
cazzylee
Advanced Member
cazzylee is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1
2005 VUE 3.5L

I would have gotten the manager of the store. That's ridiculious. You can buy the conversion kits almost anywhere that sells speaker supplies....

Madness takes it's toll: Please have exact change.
SES light + unplugged sensor = testicle ownage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cazzylee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cazzylee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cazzylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:58 PM   #13
sickcallawayc12
sickcallawayc12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicPl8Man
I found the problems!
The original plan was for me and my dad to put the head unit and speakers in ourselves, but Circuit City wouldn't sell the installation kit for the head unit or any of the wiring harnesses because "it is the holidays". The only way to get those parts was to let them do it. Never again will I let them touch my car.

Thanks to everyone who responded! This site is great and has helped me solve many problems with my car!
You should have at the very least gone to wal-mart. That is also a bull**** reason not to sell you the harnesses and kits and such IMO. You got the money, are they reserved or something???????????????? Total nonsense from circuit city.

1998 Chevrolet Blazer LT
all stock for now (nothin' wrong with that either)

I'll miss my Saturn, from the AEM CAI to the rear main oil seal leaks to the giant APC stickers on the side (sarcasm)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sickcallawayc12's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sickcallawayc12 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sickcallawayc12 is offline   Reply With Quote