SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2005, 09:06 AM   #21
fatabbot
Advanced Member
fatabbot is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Saturn Vue swing up doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token
Is your vehicle a day to day vehicle? If yes, then I would be careful what kind of mods you put on your vehicle.

If your the type of person thats like to be original with your vehicle. I'm right with ya. I don't like my ride to look just like everyone else's. I think there is something to say about personalizing your own vehicle.

But whatever route you want to go, performing mods or sexy mods. I would be doing 95% of the work if possible. Making your vehicle better performing or sexy is an expensive hobby.

I have one last thing to add. If you plan on selling your vehicle in the future. Then you should be careful what mods are worth putting on. When you change the look of your vehicle. Your actually decreasing the value of your vehicle. Your decreasing it because the people that are willing to buy your vehicle with all the changes is just a small group of people compared to someone who is selling one with no changes.

Good Luck to ya.
Very good advice

That's why you should keep the stock parts after you yank them off. That way you can return to stock when you want to sell and maybe make a buck or two selling the aftermarket parts separately.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fatabbot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fatabbot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fatabbot is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2005, 07:03 PM   #22
mikebutkus
mikebutkus is on a distinguished road

Mine is a day to day...car. I don't do mods at all. I would really have to see the different tail lights that are for sale on E-bay before I would spend the $140 for them, no less $1200 just for door hinges.
I wouldn't mind picking up a Delorean if I wanted swing up doors...
Then I would need a third garage to store that.
Just picked up HID system for my high beams... I'll tell you what they do when I install them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikebutkus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikebutkus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikebutkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 11:38 PM   #23
dogturd21
dogturd21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman
Does that hinge come with a voice box so you can get the "Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy" door effect? " . . . aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
I luv that movie! Big fan of the books many years ago..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dogturd21's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dogturd21 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dogturd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 11:55 PM   #24
binkybaby
binkybaby is on a distinguished road

Yeah, i want to do and plan to do a lot to the Binkymobile but making it a Lambo wannabe isn't one of them. i think this look is WAY overplayed and it just don't look good on an SUV or 4 door car. Hell, $1200 could buy a lot of cool stuff......stereo and interior uprades....a spoiler, running boards and grillguard.......rims........or at least a down payment on a set of Lexanis .........knock 3 or 4 payments out of ur note........

-sXe for life-

Former Saturn owner but still a Saturn Fan~!

2010 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to binkybaby's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help binkybaby reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
binkybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 02:58 PM   #25
Capt Bruce
Capt Bruce is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L

Before anyone really looks twice at the swing up door modification on a Vue, take a tape measure out to your garage and check two measurements.

1. From your roof to the underside of the raised garage door overhead.
2. From the roof up to the ceiling of your garage.

Now measure the length of the drivers door front to back. Add that measurement plus 10" to the top hinge point on your current door and you'll be getting some idea of how much overhead room you'll need above the Vue to be able to fully open the customized door and get in or out of the car without becoming a contortionist.

Might be fine out of doors but very limited in an average garage. Just my 2 cents.
Bruce

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Capt Bruce's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Capt Bruce reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Capt Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 08:53 PM   #26
mikebutkus
mikebutkus is on a distinguished road

Hummm never thought of that. Plus the garage door should be right overhead. My son says those hinges allow it to open OUT or out and UP. How do gull wing doors work in a garage ? I guess your mansion has three bays and that gets parked in the middle ?
You should see some of these houses they build in Jersey... huge with 3 bay garages on 1/4 acre. At $470K - $650K+, I guess you can't afford to own land.
And these are not big houses... The real ones go for $880K.
Anything down the shore is a million plus.
While checking out trailers... yes trailers in Ocean City, MD as a rental / vacation spot. They are only going for $350K on 60'X30' lots.

Guess the gas/money I save with my Saturn will get me one of those one day.
With my son out of college, have to spend all that extra money on something !

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikebutkus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikebutkus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikebutkus is offline   Reply With Quote