SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2019, 12:35 AM   #6321
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to behold

1997 SL2
Default Re: What did you do to your S-Series today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiisi View Post
I have replaced small bulbs with LED. So much brighter! Couldn't replace those in the additional stop light - bulbs have melted to the plastic parts
I swapped out the bulb that lights the two front cup holders with an led cause the stock one was so pitifully dim. Now it's bright enough to make whatever bottle I have in it glow at night

97 SL2, auto, 116K miles
Powered by Plastic

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2019, 02:09 AM   #6322
jbuenavides
jbuenavides is on a distinguished road

I have changed the tires yesterday and clean both the interior and exterior.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jbuenavides's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jbuenavides reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jbuenavides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #6323
Hiisi
Hiisi is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebins View Post
I swapped out the bulb that lights the two front cup holders with an led cause the stock one was so pitifully dim. Now it's bright enough to make whatever bottle I have in it glow at night
I don't think my car has such light. Could you please post a pic?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hiisi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hiisi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Hiisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:20 AM   #6324
trottida
Master Member
trottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud of

Location: North of North of Toronto, Northern Ontario, Canada

1999 SL2
2001 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiisi View Post
I don't think my car has such light. Could you please post a pic?
Pull up on your cup holders to remove them. There is a small light attached to the inside edge on the shifter side. It just twists in and sometime it falls out. It's there; on all GEN2 S Series like your 98.

1999 SL2 MT (287,130 km @ 10/2019)
2012 Ford Focus SEL HB MT
2011 Suburban LT

Past Saturns
2001 SL1 MT (438,500 km 11y)
1993 SW2 AT (10y)
2001 LW200 MT (3.5y)
1992 SL2 MT (5y)

:canada:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trottida's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trottida reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trottida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:23 PM   #6325
dummo
Master Member
dummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SW2
Default Blowout!!

Note: Please see new thread labeled 'BLOWOUT!!!'

1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
1994 SL1 new traded
1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dummo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:27 PM   #6326
454cid
454cid is a jewel in the rough454cid is a jewel in the rough454cid is a jewel in the rough

I had bald front tires, and rear tires that weren't far behind... we got our first snow accumulation this morning in Michigan. I went out to get coffee this morning and couln't get going very well, and couln't turn or stop well above walking speed. I had already been looking online for tires. The new snow swayed my decision towards snow tires. I ended up with SC sized tires (195/60r15) on my SL because I could get them today. Theyr'e about 1% shorter than the 185/65r15s that I'm supposed to have, but that can't be much different than the bald tires I already had.

I bought GTRadial Champiro Ice Pro 3's. Since I drive 100 miles a day, I got the road hazard coverage and that brought the cost up to $400.... a lot compared to what I wanted to spend and what the car is worth, but whatever.... I have to have reliable transportation to get to work. I've only driven them around town, and they seem to ride a bit harsh. It'll be interesting to see how they ride on the highway. Traction is a night and day difference, but of course the old tires were bald so I expected that.

I looked to see if I could see where they were made, but with all the slush I can't read much on the tires. The Falkens I had were from Thailand, and said so in plain English.

2000 SL2 Automatic (back on the road) 17X,XXX miles.
1999 Chevy K3500

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 454cid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 454cid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
454cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:21 PM   #6327
Hiisi
Hiisi is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trottida View Post
Pull up on your cup holders to remove them. There is a small light attached to the inside edge on the shifter side. It just twists in and sometime it falls out. It's there; on all GEN2 S Series like your 98.
It is there, but so pitifully dim, I have never noticed it. Will replace with LED soon!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191111_191244986.jpg (50.0 KB, 18 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hiisi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hiisi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Hiisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:07 PM   #6328
98_Gold_Uranus
98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2

Drove it to work with the windows down and sunroof open. Drove it home after work with the heat on full blast.

Got to love Florida this time of the year... get a little rain, temperature drops 30 degrees in a matter of hours...

98 SL2, 70k miles, kept in the family since new!

Her name is Uranus :)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 98_Gold_Uranus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 98_Gold_Uranus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
98_Gold_Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:05 AM   #6329
Pitcher
Master Member
Pitcher has a spectacular aura aboutPitcher has a spectacular aura aboutPitcher has a spectacular aura about

1998 SC2

Engine Flushed Red Hot with Liqui-Moly

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Filled with Rotella T5 10w-30 Diesel Oil + Mobil-1 Extended Performance
20,000 Mile Oil Filter. The Extended Length Filter of course, M1-209.

Proud Owner of an Invincible '98 SC2 Rare "Red Hot" 5-Speed.
Castrol Edge EP + M1 Ext Perf. Oil Filter.

Owned 4 other S-Series.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Pitcher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Pitcher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:06 AM   #6330
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to behold

1997 SL2

I planned on replacing all the bulbs in the rear with LEDs today, but I only ended up doing the reverse lights and high mount brake light. The tail light/brake light bulb does work, but not without me holding it a certain way. It will be a lower brightness with the parking lights on, and be brighter with the brakes on like it should be like it should be, but only with me holding it in the socket. When it's there on its own it works for the tail lights, but it never gets brighter for the brakes. It must just not be getting a good connecting but I'm not sure why. I also didn't like how fast the turn signal ended up blinking so I swapped them back too. I also completely forgot about the rear side marker bulbs so i'll d those after I figure out the tail light bulb problem.

The reverse lights are brighter now at least. Defiantly easier to see at night in the complete dark now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7127.jpg (139.4 KB, 10 views)

97 SL2, auto, 116K miles
Powered by Plastic

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:51 AM   #6331
edlee
edlee will become famous soon enoughedlee will become famous soon enough

1999 SL1

The EF28L flasher works well on my 1999 Saturn SL1. The turn signals flash and sound like normal without the need for load resistors. The flasher plugs in the floor area behind the driver's side kick panel.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to edlee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help edlee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
edlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:20 AM   #6332
Zeebins
Advanced Member

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlee View Post
The EF28L flasher works well on my 1999 Saturn SL1. The turn signals flash and sound like normal without the need for load resistors. The flasher plugs in the floor area behind the driver's side kick panel.
Would I have to change out the front turn signal bulbs with LEDs as well or would they also work with that flasher?

97 SL2, auto, 116K miles