SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2019, 12:50 PM   #1
98SaturnSL2Bett
98SaturnSL2Bett is a jewel in the rough98SaturnSL2Bett is a jewel in the rough98SaturnSL2Bett is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2
Dizzy 1998 Saturn SL2 won't start when parked on driveway incline

Has 140K miles. I'm the original owner. The car's been well taken care of.

This is the first time in it's life it has been parked outside instead of a garage and the first time it's been parked on an incline overnight. Previous to this summer (4 1/2 months), it was always parked flat.

We changed spark plugs and changed original spark plug wires for the first time. My shop was able to repeatedly start it there after wiping off the "wet" new plugs. Mechanic said they were wet with fuel after us trying to start it at home (had to tow it there last week). It started fine for them at the shop last week after charging the battery overnight (new battery from January 2019) and drying the wet plugs. Started dozens of times for them.

I took it home last Thursday happy to have my car back. Was able to run errands. Car would not start for me for work late morning the next day Friday and hasn't started since (parked nose-up on the driveway incline). I'm getting ready to tow it to the shop again tomorrow if I have to. Hoping maybe once I get it flat in the street that it will start for me so I can avoid the $130 to have it towed the 15 miles to my shop again.

Any suggestions or help out there for me?????

P.S. It had a half a tank of fuel before it was brought to the shop and it now has a full tank. Had been getting really good gas mileage with it this summer. Dad checked the ohms for the crank shaft position sensor and some other things and they all tested out fine. Not throwing any codes for the sensor to pick up. Dad says the fuel pressure is good. He thinks it's not sparking or not getting the spark to be able to start. Both Dad and the shop agree that the next thing to try is a new coil. Hope that part and labor/repair isn't too expensive but at this point I don't care I just want my car reliably working again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 98SaturnSL2Bett's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 98SaturnSL2Bett reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
98SaturnSL2Bett is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links