SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2019, 12:02 AM   #21
SaturnIonsRock
SaturnIonsRock is a jewel in the roughSaturnIonsRock is a jewel in the roughSaturnIonsRock is a jewel in the rough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
Default Re: Replaced timing chain now it's a no crank no start

Another update

So after stating that issue with the airbag light going strobe light and my pwr str message kept popping on with complete loss of power steering I didnt have any time to address the issue and honestly it still hasn't come back since that one day. I've been very nervous and cautious as I dont enjoy "stiff arming" my car on the hiway. So far not one repeat. I also changed my aggresive driving style so my old beast isnt getting so hot with all my revving and fast speeds to abruptly stopping. It seems to have been the amount of heat generated by the engine working so hard to keep up with my heavy foot and thick head lol. So far its been great as always. Thanks for the help once again!
Wish I knew more to help others and not feel like a mooch on this great site.
Saturn Ions are amazing!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnIonsRock's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIonsRock reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnIonsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2019, 04:18 PM   #22
hudypete1
hudypete1 is a jewel in the roughhudypete1 is a jewel in the roughhudypete1 is a jewel in the rough

2007 ION-3 Sedan
2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnIonsRock View Post
Another update

So after stating that issue with the airbag light going strobe light and my pwr str message kept popping on with complete loss of power steering I didnt have any time to address the issue and honestly it still hasn't come back since that one day. I've been very nervous and cautious as I dont enjoy "stiff arming" my car on the hiway. So far not one repeat. I also changed my aggresive driving style so my old beast isnt getting so hot with all my revving and fast speeds to abruptly stopping. It seems to have been the amount of heat generated by the engine working so hard to keep up with my heavy foot and thick head lol. So far its been great as always. Thanks for the help once again!
Wish I knew more to help others and not feel like a mooch on this great site.
Saturn Ions are amazing!!
You wrote some good posts. Good job!

Peter

CURRENT:
08 Vue XE Black 2.4L
07 Ion 3 Savannah Green Metallic 2.4L
04 Ion 2 Berry Red 2.2

PREVIOUS:
99 SL2 Silver Plum
99 SL2 Dark Blue
95 SL2 Lilac Metallic
94 SW2 White

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hudypete1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hudypete1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hudypete1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:24 AM   #23
SaturnIonsRock
SaturnIonsRock is a jewel in the roughSaturnIonsRock is a jewel in the roughSaturnIonsRock is a jewel in the rough

2006 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudypete1 View Post
You wrote some good posts. Good job!
Thank you I was trying to be detailed and thorough for anyone having similar issues. Great site I love this place.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIonsRock reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-19-2019, 03:18 PM   #24
hudypete1
hudypete1 is a jewel in the roughhudypete1 is a jewel in the roughhudypete1 is a jewel in the rough

2007 ION-3 Sedan
2008 VUE 2.4L

So the car is still working great?

I just replaced the cylinder head on a 2.4L 2008 Vue, identical to my 2007 Ion really. I guess the 2.2L head on your 2006 Ion is about the same also.

It is interesting work, very easy to forget one step.

I am glad that you did the work and I thank you for the right-up.

Peter

CURRENT:
08 Vue XE Black 2.4L
07 Ion 3 Savannah Green Metallic 2.4L
04 Ion 2 Berry Red 2.2

PREVIOUS:
99 SL2 Silver Plum
99 SL2 Dark Blue
95 SL2 Lilac Metallic
94 SW2 White

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hudypete1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hudypete1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hudypete1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:45 PM   #25
SaturnIonsRock

2006 ION-3 Sedan

At the moment no it's not. I have a p0300 random misfire code. Replaced air filter, spark plugs, coil pack, icm, fuel filter, fuel pump and still cant the beast to go more than 20kms an hour. I have a seperate thread going for that issue in the Ion tech category.

That sounds like a big job that an amateur like myself would mess up lol. Great job tho love seeing/reading about others success on Saturns.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!