SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
tgparker2013
tgparker2013 is on a distinguished road

1997 SW1
1992 SL2
Default Saturn SW1 won't start

Somehow I think that I shorted the security system. I was trying to reprogram the RKE and I accidentally brushed the paperclip against one of the other pinson the OBDII port and shorted something. The RKE transmitter, and power locks don't work and the car won't start. Everything else with the car seems to be working. lights, radio, etc...

I remember there was a way to jumper the ins in the OBD2 port and the Check Engine Light would flash the code. Which pins should I jumper? Is there any way to test and see what's damaged via the OBD2 port??

I'm hoping that whatever I shorted was fused. I don't have a Saturn '97 SW1 fuse diagram & can't seem to locate which fuse protects the RKE or car security system or rke. I have removed the back seat and side panels and I can access the the RKE Car Security System unit. Is there a fuse there that protects the RKE. Any ideas?

Last edited by tgparker2013; 12-05-2013 at 06:49 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tgparker2013's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tgparker2013 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tgparker2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Saturn SW1 won't start

OBD-2 does not work by shorting pins.

You have popped a fuse. Check fuses in both fuse boxes. Check BODY fuse in inside fuse box and if the chime is not working then check the CHIME fuse.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
tgparker2013

1997 SW1
1992 SL2

Gee I really hope so that it was just the BODY fuse that I popped. I did check the inside fuses but they all looked ok. I'll check the inside fuses again and the outside fuses in the am. All I noticed was that the top dome light, the powerlocks, and the RKE, didn't work and the car wouldn't start. All other lights, and dashboard lights, fuel pump, and chime worked. Thanks for the suport!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
OBD-2 does not work by shorting pins.

You have popped a fuse. Check fuses in both fuse boxes. Check BODY fuse in inside fuse box and if the chime is not working then check the CHIME fuse.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help tgparker2013 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

What year is this car? Never mind, found it.

Just replace the BODY fuse. When the dome lamp works you have fixed the problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
tgparker2013

1997 SW1
1992 SL2

Done! 10amp fuse replaced and everything works fine!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
What year is this car? Never mind, found it.

Just replace the BODY fuse. When the dome lamp works you have fixed the problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
OldNuc

1998 SC2

As I suspected,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!