SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
RDKamikaze
RDKamikaze is on a distinguished road

2002 SC1
Default Super Voltage Stabilizers? Do they work?

I was checking eBay for a CAI when I stumbled upon a stabilizer. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUPER...QQcmdZViewItem This is what I found, and I am wondering if stabilizers work and if they harm anything and if they are true to their word on what they do. Thanks and please let me know because I'm semi-interested in one of these!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RDKamikaze's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RDKamikaze reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RDKamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
RalliArt16
RalliArt16 is on a distinguished road

1996 SC1
1995 SC2
Default Re: Super Voltage Stabilizers? Do they work?

Save your money. The item description is ambiguous at best.. you really dont have any idea of what it actually does. Looks like a pile of **** to me

1996 SC1
1995 SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RalliArt16's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RalliArt16 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RalliArt16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:09 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

RDKamikazee, judging from the website's warranty program I would be very suspicious of this item; They stipulate none other than a "professional" installation and photo proof of same when returning this dubious piece for refund. Seems like a no-brainer when there are 2-wires showing how simple it would be to install but what do I know? If you need this I would suggest you educate yourself/find out from knowledgeable people the workings of voltage generators/alternators and charging systems.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #4
TheGuy
TheGuy is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2

They're only really useful if you've overcloccked your flux capacitor. I say this because at higher FC outputs you run serious risk of reverse thruster bearing damage or overheating problems with your headlamp fluid -- even IF you've shelled out for the higher tolerance halogen fluid. Also, proper voltage stabilization can in some cases reduce vibration in you muffler actuator arm, especially as your velocity approaches 85 mph.

Boyish charm and chiseled good looks since 1981

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TheGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TheGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:42 PM   #5
cloud819
Master Member
cloud819 will become famous soon enough

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuy
They're only really useful if you've overcloccked your flux capacitor. I say this because at higher FC outputs you run serious risk of reverse thruster bearing damage or overheating problems with your headlamp fluid -- even IF you've shelled out for the higher tolerance halogen fluid. Also, proper voltage stabilization can in some cases reduce vibration in you muffler actuator arm, especially as your velocity approaches 85 mph.

Don't listen to him, he used the old style units. The new ones have advance lypid-polymer bushings with reduce the overvoltaging Pacard Effect. I wouldn't hesitate to use them as long an you upgrade the multi-sycro inverted synaptic controller to a unit like the Boche lens refacting diode style regulator. I myself am a big fan on the SD enhanced unit which has an expansion port for modular decoders.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cloud819's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cloud819 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cloud819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:53 AM   #6
boomerm
boomerm is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2

If you want something like that look for grounding kits instead.
Or you can make your own if you want.
A grounding kit is nothig but several heavy wires (0 gauge) that you connect to different parts of the engine and accessories for better ground.
There have been tests done with some of the tuner magazines and car audo magazines that say yes it does work and no it does not work.
I have friends who have tried it on different cars and some say yes it worked for them others say it does not.
Some of the members in the Avenger forum I am in and have used them with mixed results as well.
Do a search on wire grounding kits and see what you come up with.

I have never done one myself but I can understand in "theory" how it could imporve the performance of your electrical system.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to boomerm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help boomerm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
boomerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:34 AM   #7
RangerRover
RangerRover is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2
1994 SL2

I would be willing to bet that all it is is a capacitor wrapped in a nice package.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RangerRover's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RangerRover reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RangerRover is offline   Reply With Quote