SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2002, 03:59 AM   #1
TIMSPEED
Advanced Member
TIMSPEED is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2
1998 SW2
Default 93 SC2 Vehicle Speed Sensor..how much to get put on?

Well, I seen that this part is $20 from DeHart. How much you think Saturn would charge to put it on? I do believe my speedometer is off, because I got a ticket for doing 55 in a 45...when I KNOW I was doing just about 45mph. SO, it only leads me that I have a fix-it ticket and NOT a speeding ticket.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TIMSPEED's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TIMSPEED reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2002, 08:21 AM   #2
Heartbeat - '95 SL2
Heartbeat - '95 SL2 is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2

Easy way to check your speedometer -- wear a watch with a second hand, or use a stopwatch. Drive 60 mph, and in 1 minute, you should cover exactly 1 mile. However, don't use the odometer to gauge the mile, as it's linked to the speedometer. Use hwy mile markers on the side of the road, or use the distance between fwy off ramps, according to the signs.

Also, if you've changed the tires or wheels on your car away from the stock size, your speedometer/odometer will be inaccurate.

Other than that, if it is your VSS, search the board for topics. I think it's easy to replace, and if I remember correctly, it's threaded into the top of the transmission, just under the battery area.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Heartbeat - '95 SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Heartbeat - '95 SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-14-2002, 08:29 PM   #3
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

A VSS off to the tune of 10mph would also probably be causing havoc with the PCM and setting SES light codes. Recommend you test the speedo in a "measured mile" FYI: Mile markers (those numbered green little "signs" along the hiway) are 1 mile apart exactly...a good way to test.

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread